"I'm becoming an adult today", said 46-year-old Heather Greenberg, of New York City.
Ringling Bros. went the Shamu route, retiring their elephants past year before finally throwing in the towel.
"It'll be in the memories of many people for years to come", he said, adding, "It doesn't feel good, of course, you know that such a storied institution is at its end, but everything comes to an end".
1919 - The two circuses merge and become known as "Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Combined Shows".More news: Johansen injured, will miss remainder of playoffs
The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is drawing to a close this weekend after 146 years of performances and travel that at times have been marred by tragedy and celebrated in film, but also constant. Wisconsin Historical Society reports by the 1910s the Ringling circus has over 1,000 employees, 335 horses, 26 elephants, 16 camels and other animals that travel on 92 railcars.
"The thought of it not being there is sad and bewildering", said O'Donnell. (AP Photo/Julie Jacobson) (AP Photo/Julie Jacobson) Beth Walters, left, and Stephen Craig, both clowns with Ringling Bros. and Barnum Bailey Circus talk during the clowns' final group breakfast, May 4.
"Depending on where you sat, you would see a completely different show, it was that enormous", he said.
The closure of the circus, launched in 1871 by the legendary impresario P.T. Barnum, was announced in January by Feld Entertainment, a family-run company that owns several other live touring shows, including Disney On Ice and Marvel Universe LIVE!More news: Pippa Middleton marries in lavish, semi-royal wedding
1952 - Paramount Pictures releases "The Greatest Show on Earth", one of the most ambitious films made to date, starring Betty Hutton, Charlton Heston, Jimmy Stewart and hundreds of the real circus' cast, crew and animals. "It's insane how much I love circus", Eke says.
"It really is the end of an era", he said.
"That's not information we're disclosing", she said. Williams is a lifelong circus fan and hopes her daughter will remember the show.
Its other unit already did earlier this month, in Providence, Rhode Island.More news: North Korea Launching Ferry Service to Russian Federation
The group, as well as local animal rights advocates, have been protesting the circus' final shows, and plan to be there again on Sunday. Animals have found new homes in sanctuaries.
- Trump's Popularity Plummets Among Israeli Jews Ahead of Visit
- Analysts Perspectives: Novavax Inc (NASDAQ:NVAX)
- Meghan Markle accompanies Prince Harry to Pippa Middleton's wedding reception
- High Possibility of War with North Korea, Warns New South Korean President
- Android Pay to expand to new markets, add improved loyalty card features
- Turkish Embassy Bodyguards Beat up Americans in Washington, Video Shows
- The unbelievable title winning record of Chelsea boss Conte
- Wenger hints at announcement after FA Cup final
- Shadow Brokers teases more Windows exploits and cyberespionage data
- The Mummy 2017 Official Third Trailer Released