Nashville forced overtime with two late goals, including Filip Forsberg's tying marker with 35 seconds remaining in regulation and Predators goaltender Pekka Rinne on the bench.
Corey Perry was credited with the game-winner, good for his third overtime goal of these playoffs.
Eastern Conference finals: Penguins at Senators, Game 4, 8 p.m. ET, NBCSN (Senators lead 2-1) - The Penguins' defense and goalie Marc-Andre Fleury disappeared early in Game 3, giving up an astounding four goals in the game's first 13 minutes. The Predators couldn't get the puck past Gibson. But the Predators outshot them 11-5 in the third with the late flurry forcing overtime. "I don't think we showed up in the first, and then after that we played better".More news: WannaCry is your fault — Microsoft to NSA
"That's a factor, sure, that we're without Ryan", Laviolette said. It's unclear how Fisher got hurt, but he wasn't available for the overtime period.
In the 2016 Stanley Cup playoffs, the National Hockey League suspended then Chicago forward Andrew Shaw one game for a similar on-camera incident, with a $5,000 fine for inappropriate gestures to a referee.
Predators center Ryan Johansen has been ruled out for the remainder of the Stanley Cup playoffs.More news: Comey agrees to testify in open hearing before Senate Intelligence Committee
"That's why it's the hardest trophy to win in sports", said forward James Neal, who scored Nashville's overtime victor in Game 1.
The International Ice Hockey Federation also has been willing to discuss options, but acknowledged a "game-changer" offer was likely needed for NHL team owners to change their minds about halting the league schedule for three weeks. He shared the club scoring lead with Arvidsson in the regular season, posting 61 points. Nick Ritchie added a goal, his fourth of the postseason, midway through the second period, and with John Gibson looking sharp in the crease, the game appeared in Anaheim's control. The Ducks previously had allowed three shots in a period in the postseason six different times, the last in the first period of Game 5 of the Western finals May 25, 2015, against Chicago. Forsberg tied a franchise record with his seventh goal this postseason.More news: Jurgen Klopp says talks have begun in exciting revelation
- New horses among Preakness challenges facing Always Dreaming
- Office Depot's (ODP) Hold Rating Reiterated at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc
- Tiger 'blessed' to step into Sylvester Stallone's shoes
- Rep. Al Green Officially Calls on Congress to Impeach President Trump
- Teens charged in shooting of boy, 6, left in car's back seat
- Job gains pick up in April after sluggish March
- Guy Ritchie Has Defended David Beckham's "Fabulous" Acting Following King Arthur Backlash
- Kate and Pippa Middleton Are Total Sister Goals at Each Other's Weddings
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled, two militants gunned down
- UN Court Orders Pakistan Not To Execute Indian Spy