The Boston Celtics improved on a historically bad first half Friday night against the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals.
The 72-31 lead surpassed the 40-point margin held by the Detroit Pistons over the Washington Bullets on April 26, 1987.
Minutes after the National Basketball Association announced the three finalists for the MVP award - and James wasn't among them - the Cavaliers star scored 30 points before resting in the fourth quarter.
BOSTON (AP) - An NBA playoff-record, 41-point halftime lead.
Brown followed up his 10-point showing in 20 minutes of play in Game 1 by leading the C's with 19 points, on 7-for-11 shooting, in last night's debacle. "I know what I bring to the table", he said. Due to their youth and the unexpected success of this season, expectations will be high next season for them to return to the Conference finals or at least be among the top three or four teams in the East.More news: UN Court Orders Pakistan Not To Execute Indian Spy
"You've got to give the award to different people every now and then", Lue said.
"It's hard", Celtics forward Al Horford said.
The next two games are at home, so while we could see Boston putting on a huge effort after this game, no one at this point thinks Boston can come back from two straight epic beatdowns. "They're game-changers for us".
"I mean LeBron's a great player, but he's just a regular guy to me", Brown said.
"It is embarrassing", Celtics guard Avery Bradley said.More news: Jurgen Klopp says talks have begun in exciting revelation
That one was critical to clinching Cleveland's first championship since the Browns won the National Football League title in 1964.
"Before the draft a year ago, Danny was trying to get two picks, not just Jaylen Brown", the longtime Boston reporter said.
To close the game, Lue had on the floor Jefferson, Frye (34), James Jones (36), Dahntay Jones (36) and Derrick Williams (25) for an average age per player of 33.4 years.
James Jones, James' longtime teammate in both Miami and Cleveland said the timing of the finalists being released was a rather transparent attempt by the league to drum-up interest in its first televised awards show. He finished with two points in 18 minutes. "He's put up huge numbers in these playoffs, so for us, we just made a conscious effort on our end to keep all eyes on him at all times, but also, respect the other guys and make the other guys do things they're uncomfortable doing". The Celtics missed their first six shots.More news: Teens charged in shooting of boy, 6, left in car's back seat
- Tillerson: US Reviewing Climate Policies, Will Not Be Rushed into Decision
- Kate and Pippa Middleton Are Total Sister Goals at Each Other's Weddings
- Job gains pick up in April after sluggish March
- New horses among Preakness challenges facing Always Dreaming
- 'White House adviser is person of interest in Russian Federation probe'
- Comey agrees to testify in open hearing before Senate Intelligence Committee
- Halep eases into Italian Open semis
- Office Depot's (ODP) Hold Rating Reiterated at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc
- Wenger hails striking options at Arsenal
- Guy Ritchie Has Defended David Beckham's "Fabulous" Acting Following King Arthur Backlash