If simply talking to Alexa on your Amazon Echo Speaker just wasn't doing it for you, soon you could talk to - and see - your friends or family through the e-commerce company's upcoming screen-equipped Echo Show. Another feature, which will only be available on the Echo Show, will allow folks to "Drop In", or suddenly appear on your Echo Show device.
The Echo Show will start shipping to customers on 28th June. So, the Echo Show includes a 7-inch touch screen that can plug into select services.
The device has compatibility with smart home products such as Ring and Arlo, so you can ask Alexa to show you the baby's room or your front door.More news: GOP lawmaker raises option of impeaching Trump over Comey
In addition to live calls, Alexa will also have the ability to record and send voice messages to your contacts, or store them locally for other people in your home to listen to later.
The Show follows in the footsteps of the recently announced Amazon Echo Look, which combined Amazon's Alexa voice assistant with a camera that can take pictures and make style recommendations.
Amazon is adding support for free Alexa calling and messaging to the Echo and Echo Dot. Then there are the options of connecting your Show with your smart home security system to monitor cameras and other information.More news: Cleveland Cavaliers book Eastern Conference play-off final spot
Echo Show has eight microphones so it can hear you even if you're watching a show or playing music. But, you can see many useful things on Echo's native screen.
Confirming what was rumored earlier today due to a leak, Amazon has announced that the Amazon Echo Show will be released on June 28 in both the U.S. and United Kingdom, with pre-orders open now. The popularity of virtual assistants across all device types is also expected to grow this year, with 23.1% more usage of assistants like Alexa, Siri, Google Now and Cortana.More news: Trump Sibling-in-Law Plays Princeling in China
- Saudi Arabia and Russian Federation signal oil-cuts extension into 2018
- World court reserves verdict on Jadhav case
- Man United held by Southampton in 0-0 stalemate
- GOP candidate for FBI says no special counsel for inquiry
- FM to chair GST Council meet in Srinagar on Friday
- Hertz Global Holdings, Inc (HTZ) Price Target Cut to $12.00
- Putin offers transcript to prove Trump did not pass Russia secrets
- Prosecutors: Times Square driver wanted to 'kill them all'
- (NYSE:JPM) and Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM)
- Fox News star in talks to be Trump's press secretary