If simply talking to Alexa on your Amazon Echo Speaker just wasn't doing it for you, soon you could talk to - and see - your friends or family through the e-commerce company's upcoming screen-equipped Echo Show. Another feature, which will only be available on the Echo Show, will allow folks to "Drop In", or suddenly appear on your Echo Show device.
The Echo Show will start shipping to customers on 28th June. So, the Echo Show includes a 7-inch touch screen that can plug into select services.
The device has compatibility with smart home products such as Ring and Arlo, so you can ask Alexa to show you the baby's room or your front door.More news: National Safe Boating Week is May 20 - 26
In addition to live calls, Alexa will also have the ability to record and send voice messages to your contacts, or store them locally for other people in your home to listen to later.
The Show follows in the footsteps of the recently announced Amazon Echo Look, which combined Amazon's Alexa voice assistant with a camera that can take pictures and make style recommendations.
Amazon is adding support for free Alexa calling and messaging to the Echo and Echo Dot. Then there are the options of connecting your Show with your smart home security system to monitor cameras and other information.More news: Swedish prosecutor drops rape probe into WikiLeaks' Assange
Echo Show has eight microphones so it can hear you even if you're watching a show or playing music. But, you can see many useful things on Echo's native screen.
Confirming what was rumored earlier today due to a leak, Amazon has announced that the Amazon Echo Show will be released on June 28 in both the U.S. and United Kingdom, with pre-orders open now. The popularity of virtual assistants across all device types is also expected to grow this year, with 23.1% more usage of assistants like Alexa, Siri, Google Now and Cortana.More news: Trump Sibling-in-Law Plays Princeling in China
- (NYSE:JPM) and Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM)
- NCAA Track & Field Selections
- Will hold EVM challenge with machines of recent polls: CEC
- Turkish violence in Washington presents new Trump headache
- Russia's deputy FM tipped as ambassador to US
- Putin offers transcript to prove Trump did not pass Russia secrets
- Spurs list Leonard as questionable for Game 3
- Claude Puel 'cannot understand' speculation over Southampton future
- FM to chair GST Council meet in Srinagar on Friday
- Trump Praises Macron for His 'Big Win' in France's Election