The Nigerian Presidency has affirmed that Acting President Yemi Osinbajo will sign the 2017 Budget recently passed by the National Assembly when it is transmitted to him and he is satisfied with the details.
Recall that there has been a controversy over who would be saddled with the responsibility of assenting to the budget since President Buhari has gone overseas for medical follow-up.
It would be recalled that there has been a raging controversy among ministers and presidential aides on who will sign the budget into law.More news: Pres. Trump assails naming of counsel as 'witch hunt'
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo is now presiding over the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting inside the Council Chambers of the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja.
Mr. Akande announced this on Twitter on Wednesday. "It has not been transmitted officially to the Presidency".
He said the budget which was passed last Thursday by the National Assembly had not been formally transmitted to the executive.More news: Holmes, Stanley lead Players after 54 holes, Garcia four back
Mohammed however, said the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udo Udoma, was in possession of an "advanced copy" which ministers would use to check if there are discrepancies between what they sent to the National Assembly and what was returned.
In a statement by his spokesperson, Segun Adeyemi, he said, "This quote is a malicious misrepresentation of what transpired at the post-Federal Executive Council Meeting press briefing on Wednesday, 17 May 2017".
Asked whether the executive had received the passed 2017 budget, he said: "In respect on the budget, it was only this morning that the Minister of National Planning informed the council that the budget has been passed".More news: After Times Square attack, calls for more sidewalk barriers
- Arsene Wenger's future to be decided after FA Cup final
- House oversight panel chairman Chaffetz to depart Congress June 30
- Comey's predecessor to head Trump-Russia probe
- How All-NBA Voting Could Help Celtics' Odds Of Landing Gordon Hayward
- Body dumped along Texas road after hearse stolen
- Players Championship victor prepares for military duty
- Wall St set to open slightly higher as oil prices jump
- Facebook signs deal with ESL to livestream esports
- Korean officials meet USA experts in Oslo
- Google Play Award winners announced, highlighting best app and games for 2017