- Nine women from the University of MI women's track and field team are officially continuing their 2017 outdoor seasons into national postseason competition as they were among the qualifiers announced Thursday (May 18) for next week's NCAA East Preliminary Rounds in Lexington, Kentucky.More news: Swedish prosecutor drops case against Julian Assange
Twelve performers from each preliminary site advance to the NCAA Championships - hosted for the fifth straight year as part of a nine-year run at Hayward Field, in Eugene, Ore., on June 7-10. In addition, 18 men selected for individual events is a new program record, while the eight female qualifiers are the most since the 2003 team also sent eight athletes to the regional meet.More news: Spurs list Leonard as questionable for Game 3
Coming off the best conference championship finish since 2011, seven Nevada Wolf Pack runners, jumpers and throwers are headed to Austin, Texas for the NCAA West Preliminaries. Both meets will take place on May 25-27. Spires is the Falcons' highest ranked qualifier, holding a No. 2 ranking in the region's high jump standings, while Hulslander (javelin throw), Pater (pole vault) and Trimble (200-meter dash, 110-meter hurdles) are all ranked ninth in their respective events. She ran splits of 3:21.9 over 1200 meters (DMR), 4:23.6 over 1500 meters (4x1500) and 2:09.03 over 800 meters (4x800) at the Penn Relays. The top 12 finishers in each individual event from the East Region - in which MI competes - and the West Region comprise the 24-person fields in June in Eugene. It did not advance him to the outdoor track and field championships, but it does rank him 29 in the nation. She now holds the school record in the 100m hurdles on a quick time of 13.37 and broke a conference meet record last weekend in the 400m hurdles, finishing in just 57.82. She was the runner-up in the event last weekend at the Big Sky Conference Championship. Rotich was also a gold-medal finisher in the 3,000m steeplechase at conference.More news: United Nations court orders Pakistan to halt execution of Indian 'spy'
Foster qualified with a school-record pole vault of 13-03.75 (4.06) on April 13 at Long Beach State's Pacific Coast Intercollegiate Meet. Joubert ranks sixth-all time at Tulane in the javelin.
- Claude Puel 'cannot understand' speculation over Southampton future
- G7 finance chiefs talk cyber security in Bari after attacks
- Swedish prosecutor drops rape probe into WikiLeaks' Assange
- Fox News star in talks to be Trump's press secretary
- Will hold EVM challenge with machines of recent polls: CEC
- Trump Praises Macron for His 'Big Win' in France's Election
- Swedish prosecutor drops Assange rape probe
- Cleveland Cavaliers book Eastern Conference play-off final spot
- Trump Sibling-in-Law Plays Princeling in China
- Saudi Arabia and Russian Federation signal oil-cuts extension into 2018