Fantastic group of players, fantastic spirit since the beginning of the season, hard run, lots of matches.
"He needs to play on Sunday", Mourinho said of the French global who recently lost his father but was present at United's training session on Friday.
United must beat Ajax to qualify for next season's Champions League and with nothing to play for in the Premier League, Mourinho was relieved to leave the south-coast without any major casualties.
Retired Scottish footballer and former Liverpool boss Graeme Souness said that he was not happy with Paul Pogba's world record move to Manchester United, that fetched them a whopping £89million.More news: No divided loyalties for Zidane's Juventus reunion
"Paul Pogba is fine".
Mourinho intends to play a weakened side against Palace in a bid to keep his senior stars fit and fresh ahead of the Europa League final against Ajax in Stockholm next Wednesday. "I always disagree with it, I think a team shouldn't play two European competitions in the same season. But as for lots of them together, I think no".
Sunday's clash with Sam Allardyce's side may come a little too early for Gomes but, with Mourinho set to feature a handful of youngsters, it's not outlandish to think he could find himself on the bench.
"I think one in the middle of a good structure, a dynamic structure, an experienced structure, I think, yes".More news: New Xiaomi Mi Max 2 will show next week
The frantic schedule and injuries have seen Mourinho rotate in recent league games, with captain Wayne Rooney, strongly linked with a summer Old Trafford exit, likely to be among those rested on Sunday. 'He played 90 minutes in the last match (against Southampton), so probably not'.
"The reality is that since January we have played 37 matches, and in the Premier League are 38 matches so we have played a complete Premier League minus one match in five months - which is what a team normally does for a year".
The Eagles could finish anywhere between 16th and 11th which could make a difference of up to £10 million in prize money to the club and Allardyce knows that will have an impact on his transfer spending.More news: Macron win sends 'powerful message' to far-right, top Europe rabbi says
- Report Claims 10.5-inch iPad Pro Production Is Ramping Up For June
- Sanchez keeps Arsenal in top four fight
- Anthony Weiner to plead guilty to obscenity charge
- Chinas Xi wants ties with South Korea to be on track
- UN court orders Pakistan not to execute Indian 'spy' Kulbhushan Jadhav
- Swedish prosecutors drop rape probe against Assange
- Wenger Confirms Double Injury Boost Ahead Of Stoke
- Trump warns sacked Federal Bureau of Investigation chief over media leaks
- Ex-US Rep. Anthony Weiner to plead guilty in sexting case
- Ex-French PM Valls Wants to Be Majority Candidate at Legislative Election