The missing boy, and suspect Jason Lam.
A father who abducted his 1-year-old son in San Francisco, prompting an Amber Alert, was located Friday evening along with the unharmed child in Palms.
The father, who had been identified as 30-year-old Jason Lam, was taken into police custody and the boy, Makai Bangoura, was taken into protective custody, Preciado said.More news: Supreme Court Refuses to Hear Case on NC's Racist Voter ID Law
Rodriguez said the boy's mother went to police Thursday to report that her son had not been returned by his father. He has black hair and brown eyes.
The suspect was last seen driving a 2000 tan Toyota Corolla, California License Plate Number 5SEy238. Lam is described as 5 feet 3 inches tall weighing 145 lbs., and CHP says he may be suicidal and should be approached with caution.
Relatives of Lam had said that he recently experienced mental breakdowns, according to officials with the district attorney's office. The Amber Alert was in effect for several counties, including: San Francisco, Marin, San Mateo, Contra Costa and Alameda.More news: Assange will continue battle to clear his name
Victim in AMBER Alert is 1 y.o. blk male, 3 feet tall, 40 pds.
Anyone with information is asked to contact CHP at 911.More news: China building biggest infrastructure project in history
- Korea Hwasong-12 missile celebrations
- Southern Nevada man is 1st human West Nile virus case of 2017
- US slaps sanctions on Venezuela Supreme Court judges
- NHS cyber attack - fallout continues
- Almost 1 million tune in to watch Derek Jeter's speech
- Erdogan watches security guards beat protesters in Washington
- Oil up on falling United States inventories
- Former officials call Trump's disclosure "serious"
- Oil prices climb on hopes output cuts will be extended
- Where's the drama? Blowouts the rule in these NBA playoffs