The missing boy, and suspect Jason Lam.
A father who abducted his 1-year-old son in San Francisco, prompting an Amber Alert, was located Friday evening along with the unharmed child in Palms.
The father, who had been identified as 30-year-old Jason Lam, was taken into police custody and the boy, Makai Bangoura, was taken into protective custody, Preciado said.More news: S Korea president says 'high possibility' of conflict with North
Rodriguez said the boy's mother went to police Thursday to report that her son had not been returned by his father. He has black hair and brown eyes.
The suspect was last seen driving a 2000 tan Toyota Corolla, California License Plate Number 5SEy238. Lam is described as 5 feet 3 inches tall weighing 145 lbs., and CHP says he may be suicidal and should be approached with caution.
Relatives of Lam had said that he recently experienced mental breakdowns, according to officials with the district attorney's office. The Amber Alert was in effect for several counties, including: San Francisco, Marin, San Mateo, Contra Costa and Alameda.More news: Kane has no reason to leave Tottenham, insists Pochettino
Victim in AMBER Alert is 1 y.o. blk male, 3 feet tall, 40 pds.
Anyone with information is asked to contact CHP at 911.More news: Rod Rosenstein: Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump wanted James Comey gone
- Trump assails 'witch hunt' after naming of special counsel
- Almost 1 million tune in to watch Derek Jeter's speech
- Syrian Army confirms United States strike on military convoy
- Former FBI Director Comey to testify before Senate intel committee
- Oil up on falling United States inventories
- United Fresh Issues Statement On NAFTA Renegotiation
- Erdogan watches security guards beat protesters in Washington
- NHS cyber attack - fallout continues
- US slaps sanctions on Venezuela Supreme Court judges
- Oil prices climb on hopes output cuts will be extended