The missing boy, and suspect Jason Lam.
A father who abducted his 1-year-old son in San Francisco, prompting an Amber Alert, was located Friday evening along with the unharmed child in Palms.
The father, who had been identified as 30-year-old Jason Lam, was taken into police custody and the boy, Makai Bangoura, was taken into protective custody, Preciado said.More news: Erdogan watches security guards beat protesters in Washington
Rodriguez said the boy's mother went to police Thursday to report that her son had not been returned by his father. He has black hair and brown eyes.
The suspect was last seen driving a 2000 tan Toyota Corolla, California License Plate Number 5SEy238. Lam is described as 5 feet 3 inches tall weighing 145 lbs., and CHP says he may be suicidal and should be approached with caution.
Relatives of Lam had said that he recently experienced mental breakdowns, according to officials with the district attorney's office. The Amber Alert was in effect for several counties, including: San Francisco, Marin, San Mateo, Contra Costa and Alameda.More news: US slaps sanctions on Venezuela Supreme Court judges
Victim in AMBER Alert is 1 y.o. blk male, 3 feet tall, 40 pds.
Anyone with information is asked to contact CHP at 911.More news: Celtics follow euphoria of winning lottery with dud against Cleveland Cavaliers
- Rod Rosenstein: Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump wanted James Comey gone
- 'Mamma Mia!' film sequel gets July 2018 release date
- The return of Twin Peaks
- Why Boston should let LeBron James score 50 points a game
- Tear-stained apology caps Weiner's guilty plea in sexting case
- Korea Hwasong-12 missile celebrations
- Former officials call Trump's disclosure "serious"
- Trump assails 'witch hunt' after naming of special counsel
- Kane has no reason to leave Tottenham, insists Pochettino
- China building biggest infrastructure project in history