"Slowly I think we became better and in the second half we controlled the game quite well", Wenger said.
The 35-year-old, who will see his United contract expire this summer, said: "I'm personally desperate to get to the final and to try and win it".
Although Mata could not help United to beat Arsenal, he was pleased to get a game under his belt ahead of an important run of games coming up for the Red Devils. "Of course I want to play football".
"We lost four players in one week, when we lost [Chris] Smalling and [Phil] Jones in the [England] national team and [Marcos] Rojo and Zlatan [Ibrahimovic] against Anderlecht" in the previous round of the Europa League. "It doesn't matter what happened before, how big the matches we played before".More news: Indian migrant worker dies after leaving Qatar World Cup venue
A 1-0 win at Balaidos last week means Manchester United are in pole position to reach the final of the Europa League for the first time in the club's history but Celta are yet to give up.
Jamie Carragher also branded United "embarrassing" for their record against the top six in the Premier League this season.
Spain global Herrera believes it is imperative his side secure their place in the final, as they bid to move a step closer to Champions League qualification, although he knows they will not have it all their own way against Celta.
Speaking in a press-conference Manchester United's defeat to Arsenal, Mourinho said Gunners were always crying after playing his teams as as he was yet to taste defeat until Sunday evening.More news: Arsenal players keen on Sanchez stay: Koscielny
Ramsey would not be drawn on making any definitive statements about qualifying for European football's premier competition, but just wants the team to maintain their momentum with the FA Cup final against Chelsea on the horizon on May 27.
"For Celta, in their words it's the most important match of their history".
They are now sixth with 63 points from 34 games and can close the gap with a win at Southampton on Wednesday.
Jose Mourinho says it was "common sense" for Manchester United to focus on the Europa League after their "impossible" injury crisis and schedule.More news: CO man expected to be released from prison, arrested by ICE
- Jared Kushner's sister woos China's "golden visa" investors
- Ex-French PM Valls Wants to Be Majority Candidate at Legislative Election
- Chinas Xi wants ties with South Korea to be on track
- Swedish prosecutors drop rape probe against Assange
- FCC security manhandles a Washington reporter trying to ask a question
- Senators chase Fleury, rout Penguins in Game 3
- Hahn, Barnes share Byron Nelson lead with stars lurking
- China Trade Deal: Commerce Secretary Ross Breaks Down What to Know
- 14th GST council meet starts in Srinagar
- Theresa May used bogus arguments to justify election, says Tim Farron