One person died and two others were injured in a collision between a school bus and a van in Kenosha County.
The driver of a van was killed when he smashed into the back of a school bus taking students to Westosha Central High School at 7 a.m.More news: FM to chair GST Council meet in Srinagar on Friday
Deputies of the Ashland and Bayfield County Sheriff's Offices, a Great Lakes Indian Fish and Wildlife Commission Warden, Wisconsin State Patrol Troopers, Ashland Fire and Ambulance, and Washburn Ambulance responded to the scene.
20 students were on the bus at the time, according to authorities.More news: Ford Confirms 10% Salaried Job Cuts
The Ashland County Coroner pronounced the driver of the vehicle dead at the scene.
The posted speed limit is 55 miles per hour on Highway C, which closed between Highway 83 and 258th Avenue while authorities investigated the crash. The remaining students were transported to the Trevor Fire Department to be released to school officials and parents.More news: Trump's China trade deal won't wipe out the deficit
Names of those involved have not been released because family members are still being notified.
- New Orleans crews begin removing statue of Confederate general
- Senate panel chairman: Flynn won't honor subpoena
- Gylfi Sigurdsson could return to Tottenham in shock £25million move
- NCAA Track & Field Selections
- Trump Sibling-in-Law Plays Princeling in China
- Macron win sends 'powerful message' to far-right, top Europe rabbi says
- Hertz Global Holdings, Inc (HTZ) Price Target Cut to $12.00
- United Nations court orders Pakistan to halt execution of Indian 'spy'
- Saudi Arabia and Russian Federation signal oil-cuts extension into 2018
- Prosecutors: Times Square driver wanted to 'kill them all'