However, just two months later, the company revised the subscriber count needed to just 1,000 subscribers. YouTube is testing it out for a small number of users, but the official requirement is still 1,000 subscribers.
According to the report by Android Police, some users with less than the required 1k subscriber base were also able to access the livestreaming feature on the app. The feature allows users to "go live" from their smartphones in order to stream directly to their YouTube channel.More news: 2 dead, 30 missing after Portuguese-era bridge collapses in Goa
This step will help YouTube to compete with the Facebook live streaming feature. This will provide the users with an option to select recording the content one wants to broadcast in advance or to start streaming video in real time.
Google had not made a formal announcement about the launch, which seemed odd given that the company is in the middle of its I/O developer conference this week where it's releasing a ton of news.More news: Hinting at secret tapes, Trump warns ousted Federal Bureau of Investigation director
If you still need to verify your YouTube account, you can begin that process by clicking here. "We've been experimenting and expanding mobile live streaming for nearly a year now", the statement reads.
YouTube isn't only making its mobile live streams more accessible; it is also giving creators new ways to monetize them. The platform itself is still in its infancy and is relatively limited in terms of monetization options that are available to creators, though the Google-owned firm is expected to add more features to it in the near future.More news: Celtics win NBA Draft lottery
- Ronaldo salutes Zidane´s management as Madrid close on LaLiga crown
- Donald Trump warns sacked Federal Bureau of Investigation director James Comey against leaking to media
- Starbucks offering coffee ice cubes at select locations
- Russian Federation ready to play constructive role in resolving North Korea's nuclear threat
- Rolf Harris to be released from prison
- Speech by No. 2 Senate Republican canceled
- Spurs start Jonathan Simmons over Kawhi Leonard for Game 2
- RLJ Lodging Trust (RLJ) Earns Coverage Optimism Score of 0.01
- Sanchez Bags Brace As Gunners Shoot Down Stalwart Sunderland
- Immigration Arrests Surge Following Trump Executive Order04:59