However, just two months later, the company revised the subscriber count needed to just 1,000 subscribers. YouTube is testing it out for a small number of users, but the official requirement is still 1,000 subscribers.
According to the report by Android Police, some users with less than the required 1k subscriber base were also able to access the livestreaming feature on the app. The feature allows users to "go live" from their smartphones in order to stream directly to their YouTube channel.More news: Louisiana State Employees Retirement System Decreases Position in Morgan Stanley (MS)
This step will help YouTube to compete with the Facebook live streaming feature. This will provide the users with an option to select recording the content one wants to broadcast in advance or to start streaming video in real time.
Google had not made a formal announcement about the launch, which seemed odd given that the company is in the middle of its I/O developer conference this week where it's releasing a ton of news.More news: Trump threatens Comey in new tweet
If you still need to verify your YouTube account, you can begin that process by clicking here. "We've been experimenting and expanding mobile live streaming for nearly a year now", the statement reads.
YouTube isn't only making its mobile live streams more accessible; it is also giving creators new ways to monetize them. The platform itself is still in its infancy and is relatively limited in terms of monetization options that are available to creators, though the Google-owned firm is expected to add more features to it in the near future.More news: RLJ Lodging Trust (RLJ) Earns Coverage Optimism Score of 0.01
- 2 dead, 30 missing after Portuguese-era bridge collapses in Goa
- Environment Minister Anil Madhav Dave Dies
- GST rates decided on 1211 items, except gold
- Speech by No. 2 Senate Republican canceled
- Celtics win NBA Draft lottery
- Starbucks offering coffee ice cubes at select locations
- Google's newest vision-based product is here to make your life easier
- Kane outlines why leaving White Hart Lane won't hurt Spurs
- Analysts Estimates And Ratings Ascena Retail Group Inc. (ASNA)
- Rolf Harris to be released from prison