The "patchy" training of frontline staff was to blame for the way children's social care responded to the victims, the Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Children Board (RBSCB) said in its review into child sexual exploitation after the trial.
"Kirsten Barger wrote on Twitter: "Have had to stop watching - it's too disgraceful very bad terrible and still happening somewhere #threegirls, while Leanne Jackman added: "#threegirls is such a hard watch, I had to switch off" and viewer Sarah said: "#threegirls absolutely grim, this should not be on tv, had to switch off".
But if Detective Constable Maggie Oliver and the police team can persuade the girls to revisit the horror they suffered remains to be seen.
At least 47 young girls were sexually abused, raped and trafficked by a group of nine men who were all jailed for child sex offences.More news: Senate chairman: Flynn has not responded to subpoena
Three Girls demonstrates how the teenagers were given drugs and alcohol before being abused, and explores the authoritie's responses when they reported what had happened to them. I'm ready to start to live my life again where I haven't been for such a long time.
After her pleas went previously ignored, the true extent of the abuse and betrayal is revealed and sends shockwaves through the police, and they're finally ready to listen. "But she is fearless enough to go through it again with us to film it".
"I believe senior police officers should be held accountable for failing to act", she said.
Her breakthrough role came at age 11 in Samantha Morton's TV film The Unloved, in which she played another abused child.More news: USA airplane laptop ban could be extended to Europe
'To play the part of Lorna and to hear the reaction that's going on now. "And I got angry", she said.
Molly's older brother is the drummer in rock band Fahran.
Writing for HuffPost UK, chief executive Javed Khan of children's charity Barnardo's described Three Girls as "absolutely vital viewing".
All three episodes will be made available to watch online on BBC iPlayer after each one has aired.More news: Nigeria's Inflation Declines For Third Consecutive Month
- Man who ran over pedestrians was 'hearing voices'
- Steve Harvey's Ex-Wife Sues Him For $60 Million
- Trump Is 'Very Close' To Naming A New FBI Director
- Brazil's Temer: 'I won't resign' amid corruption allegations
- HUDCO makes stellar market debut, shares surge over 22%
- Palestinian hunger strikers moved to prisons with field hospitals
- Cannes Film Festival 2017: Deepika Padukone dazzles on Day 2
- Vermont senators praise special prosecutor appointment
- Roger Ailes, Former CEO Of Fox News Dies At 77
- Ford brings Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to its 2016 fleet