Sapkowski's eight novels, known together as the Witcher Saga, focus on people that develop supernatural powers in their childhood that allow them to battle monsters and other threats later in life.
Sapkowski will serve as creative consultant on the series, with Sean Daniel (The Mummy) and Jason Brown (The Expanse) executive producing, along with Tomek Baginki and Jarek Sawko of Polish production and visual effects firm Platige Image.More news: Trump says special counsel appointment "hurts our country terribly"
The Witcher franchise centers on magic-wielding monster hunters called "witchers" who wield supernatural abilities and weapons of vast power to battle monsters, witches, and various other forces of evil. This is good news for writer Andrzej Sapkowski who created Geralt of Rivia, the world he inhabits, and who crafted several of the storylines that have made it into the game.
"We couldn't be more excited about bringing The Witcher to Netflix members around the world." . He said during a press release, "I'm thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories... staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing". CD Projekt RED are now developing their newest title, Cyberpunk 2077. Tomas Baginski, director for the game intro videos, is already confirmed to direct one episode in the first season.More news: Trump visit draws country singer Toby Keith to Saudi Arabia
Speaking with GamesRadar+, CD Projekt Red's Radek Grabowski explained that the studio will not be involved with The Witcher Netflix series in any capacity but added that the team "wish this project all the best and are looking forward to watching the series on Netflix". There is also worry thrown into the mix, as movies based on games and books have not always lived up to snuff in the past, including a previous adaptation of The Witcher story, named The Hexer.
Back in November 2015, Baginski also announced that he would be directing a feature-length adaptation of The Witcher, but since then no further details have been released.More news: Watch Mark Zuckerberg's reaction when he found out he got into Harvard
As previously mentioned, Sapkowski is no fan of The Witcher games, or video games in general, having admitted to never playing a video game in his life.
- Amber Heard shows off form-fitting 'Aquaman' costume
- Trump Administration Upholds Iran Sanctions Waiver, Keeping Nuclear Deal Alive
- New Video Shows Erdogan Watching Washington Brawl
- Robert E. Lee monument in New Orleans could come down overnight
- Billboard Music Awards on RTL-CBS Entertainment
- 'Single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history,' Trump claims
- Autodesk Inc (NASDAQ:ADSK): Institutional Investors Are Worried
- Rex's Railroad Spike Teeth Were a Pulverizing Machine
- WikiLeaks source Chelsea Manning freed from prison
- Worldwide ransomware cyberattacks: What we know