This comes on the heels of the bombshell report completely denied by the White House that there was a memo written by former FBI Director James Comey detailing a meeting where President Trump asked him to stop investigating Flynn.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has offered to give a transcript of White House talks between his foreign minister and Donald Trump to Congress to prove that the USA president didn't give away secrets.
The pressure on congressional Republicans to step up their oversight of the Trump administration intensified this week when the "Washington Post" on Monday reported that the president shared classified information related to the Isil with Russian officials during an Oval Office meeting last week.More news: Real Madrid looking to edge Barcelona out in title race
Flynn was forced to resign on February 13 amid questions over his contact with the Russian ambassador to the United States and discussions of US sanctions. "I can not explain differently such accusations against the current president claiming he revealed some secrets to Lavrov". The press conference is also the president's first public appearance after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announced the appointment of former FBI Director Robert Mueller to be special counsel to investigate any ties between Russian Federation and The Trump campaign. Two members of the Senate intelligence committee, Senator Richard Burr and Senator Mark Warner, commented on the Senate's request.
Following Comey's abrupt dismissal, Trump contradicted his communications staff on the reason for firing him and admitted it was partially because of how Comey was handling the Russian investigation, touching off obstruction of justices allegations.
Mr. Trump is scheduled to depart for his first foreign trip as president Friday.More news: Emma Stone plays matchmaker for Taylor swift
The ACLU has also called for the appointment of a special prosecutor and the creation of a select congressional committee to investigate the Trump campaign's relationship with Russian Federation. I think it divides the country, I think we have a very divided country because of that and many other things.
Putin, who said Moscow rated Lavrov's meeting with Trump "highly", said Russian Federation was ready to hand a transcript of Trump's meeting with Lavrov over to US lawmakers if that would help reassure them.More news: Emma, Noah top list of baby names
- Joe Biden Could Run For President in 2020
- New Video Shows Erdogan Watching Washington Brawl
- Trump says special counsel appointment "hurts our country terribly"
- Union boss Len McCluskey: Labour can't win the election
- Trump Administration Upholds Iran Sanctions Waiver, Keeping Nuclear Deal Alive
- Watch Mark Zuckerberg's reaction when he found out he got into Harvard
- Special counsel in Russian Federation probe 'hurts country terribly'
- Muslim women can opt out of triple talaq, AIMPLB tells SC
- Billboard Music Awards on RTL-CBS Entertainment
- 'Single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history,' Trump claims