Stephen Amell's Emerald Archer is about to face his toughest opposition yet as The CW slots Arrow up against NBC's This Is Us come fall. In the fall, they will have the action-packed new military drama Valor, and a new version of the iconic soap Dynasty, giving the network two new female-focused series that add more balance to their primetime lineup.
SUPERGIRL returns for its third season on Mondays (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT) followed by the new military drama VALOR, starring Christina Ochoa and Matt Barr (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT).
"'Arrow" withstands the National Football League", said network president Mark Pedowitz in a conference call with reporters Thursday morning.More news: France's Macron to meet European Council chief Tusk on Wednesday - presidency
After several seasons on Wednesdays, Arrow relocates and reunites with Supernatural, which "was a no-brainer move" for Pedowitz, who realized that the long-running shows could withstand the increasingly tough Thursday-night competition. Could Jane the Virgin's move to Friday help or hurt the show? The show follows an elite unit of U-S Army helicopter pilots on top secret missions.
The soap will update the tale of the fabulously wealthy Colbys and Carringtons for a new generation.
Tuesdays are for The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow.More news: Netanyahu: Moving US Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem Will 'Advance' Peace
"It has great heart, it has a great feel to it, but we will have a slightly different take".
Wednesday goes soapy (like Fox) with Riverdale and the Dynasty reboot with Grant Show as Blake Carrington from Gossip Girl duo Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage.
On an upfront call Thursday, CW president Mark Pedowitz said that new DC midseason drama Black Lightning is not part of the Arrow-verse and there are no plans for now to include the series in a five-way crossover. As for the possibility of bringing back returning cast members, like Linda Evans or Joan Collins, Pedowitz is "completely open to it", but had no announcements to make.More news: Mother of 8-year-old boy who killed himself speaks out
- Nigeria Chibok girls: 103 freed girls to go back to school
- United Kingdom unemployment lowest in over 40 years
- Trump, dogged by questions at home, makes first trip abroad
- Wikileaks whistle-blower Chelsea Manning released from prison
- EBay Warns Net Neutrality Reversal Will Hurt Small Businesses
- Brazil's Lula faces corruption court
- Antarctica is greening due to global warming
- Trump calls himself victim of 'single greatest witch hunt'
- Cinco de Drinko Spurs Anti-DUI Patrols Tonight and Saturday Night
- 'American Idol' Is Revived by ABC