A Texas man who sued a woman he went on a date with for the price of a movie ticket plans to drop his lawsuit.
Brandon Vezmar filed the claim for $17.31 last week.
Vezmar reportedly met his date to see "Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2" on the dating app Bumble.
According to the petition, Vezmar's date "activated her phone at least 10-20 times in 15 minutes to read and send text messages" throughout the film.
Vezmar suggested she take the phone outside so she did and chose to drive home, leaving him without a lift home.More news: Tim Cook spotted testing Apple's glucose monitor
She never returned leaving him at the cinema stranded with no way to get home.
She said she refused to pay Mr Vezmar back when he called her asking for compensation because "he took me out on a date". He warned her that he would pursue the matter in small claims court if she refused.
"It was kind of a first date from hell‚" the report quoted him as saying. He said he told her that maybe she could go outside to text.
She added, "I had my phone low and I wasn't bothering anybody".
"This is insane", she told the American-Statesman.More news: New Skoda Karoq revealed
"I laughed it off", she told Inside Edition.
The petition stated the texting was a "direct violation" of the cinema's policy and the woman's actions "adversely" impacted his viewing pleasure.
I did have a very brief date with Brandon, that I chose to end prematurely.
The petition claims, "While damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant's behavior is a threat to civilized society".
After learning about the claim, Alamo Drafthouse CEO Tim League has offered Vezmar a $17.31 gift certificate to settle the lawsuit.More news: Graham believes Russian Federation probe 'considered a criminal investigation'
- Chaffetz wants Comey to appear before House committee
- USA 'democracy is at risk' - lawmaker wants Trump impeached
- Surface Pro 4 successor leaks ahead of imminent unveiling
- China protests 'unhelpful' United States sanctions on Iran
- Merkley Agrees NAFTA Needs Renegotiated, But Wary Of Trump Administration
- Chaffetz sets hearing with Comey - but can't reach him
- Len McCluskey wrong to say Labour can not win election - Kezia Dugdale
- Always Dreaming is 4-5 early favorite for Preakness
- One killed, 22 injured after vehicle plows through Times Square sidewalk
- Why Was James Comey Fired? President Trump Contradicts His Team