But while ice cubes dilute your coffee when they melt, coffee ice just melts into more coffee.
Starbucks on Monday began testing coffee ice cubes in iced coffee drinks in two markets, St. Louis and Baltimore, according to spokesperson Holly Shafer. The coffee ice cubes are also now only available at 100 Starbucks Corporation stores in St. Louis and Baltimore. The caffeinated cubes, which are made from Colombian coffee, will cost an extra 80 cents.More news: Cavaliers sweep Raptors en route to Eastern Conference Finals
Will you add coffee ice the next time you head to Starbucks?
So in if you live in Baltimore or St. Louis, congratulations, you get to take advantage of the ultimate iced coffee experience. One used it to make a white mocha frappuccino, reporting that "the coffee ice really made it better". Not only do they keep your drink cool, but they keep it from ever getting watered down. One quick search for "coffee ice" on Pinterest shows that this idea is not new or even novel anymore. Think about all of the ways that you can spruce up your coffee orders! Yes please. Swapping out regular ice in Frappuccinos for coffee ice?More news: White House offers muted response on Comey memo
Starbucks is no stranger to beverage tests and innovative food launches.More news: Hinting at secret tapes, Trump warns ousted Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- A hero returns in first trailer for The CW's Black Lightning
- Most Active Stock: Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PEI)
- Analysts Estimates And Ratings Ascena Retail Group Inc. (ASNA)
- Spurs start Jonathan Simmons over Kawhi Leonard for Game 2
- Rep. Al Green calls for Trump's impeachment (again) An error occurred
- Celtics win NBA Draft lottery
- Netanyahu against Abbas: "He didn't speak the truth"
- 2 dead, 30 missing after Portuguese-era bridge collapses in Goa
- England's emergency units open 'as normal' again after cyber attack
- Floods drive almost 1900 from homes in Canada's Quebec