The last rites of Bollywood's veteran actress Reema Lagoo's took place this afternoon at Mumbai's Oshiwara Crematorium where various Bollywood celebrities, with which the actress had worked, were spotted at the funeral.
In a statement, Lagoo's son-in-law Vinay Waikul said, "She was complaining of chest pain, so we took her to hospital around 1 a.m".More news: Senate intel chairman: No decision from Flynn on subpoena
"She was perfectly fine and had no health issues... so it is really shocking for all of us that she is no more with us". She passed away due to a heart attack around 3.15 am.
Born in Mumbai, Lagoo started her career with theatre, where she performed in several Marathi plays. She is survived by her daughter Mrunmayee, who is also a theatre and film actress as well as a theatre director. Many noted personalities from the film fraternity like actor Aamir Khan, his wife Kiran Rao, directors Mahesh Manjrekar and Mahesh Bhatt came to pay their last respects. She had no problems that we knew of. She was also popular for her roles in Tu Tu Main Main and Shrimaan Shrimati before she landed the negative role in Naamkarann. She was such a clean-hearted person. While talking to The Pioneer, Rajiv Verma gets nostalgic and shared some of his moments with Reema Lagoo on sets. "May her soul rest in peace". I did my first film with Reemaji, which was Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak. She was 59 and was one of the favourite "mothers" in Bollywood. She once told me that my rawness is my strength and I should not try to act as if I know it all. "Her demise has left a void which is hard to fill", he says. Interestingly, she did so just as the social context of Hindi cinema itself was changing.More news: Champions of England: Chelsea fans celebrate Premier League title win in Uyo
Actor Reema Lagoo is remembered for playing the typical Indian mother in blockbusters like "Hum Aapke Hain Koun.!' and 'Kal Ho Naa Ho". Thatte reminisced, "I have known her since our school days". We have worked together in Prithvi Theatre [productions].More news: New French Prime Minister Described himself as a Man of the Right
- LeBron leads Cavs again, Spurs edge ahead
- Kane Hits Four To Boost Golden Boot Chances
- United States agrees not to bring in Europe-wide laptop ban - for now
- Trump to Seoul: We want a diplomatic solution to North Korea
- HTC is making a new standalone Vive VR headset for Google
- Antonio Conte urges Chelsea legend John Terry not to retire
- Real Madrid dominate Celta Vigo 4-1
- Israel rethinking USA security ties after Trump's intel blunder
- Still struggling with back injury, Rory McIlroy will undergo MRI on Monday
- Brady touts border-adjustable tax in House GOP plan; Mnuchin skeptical