Los Blancos will win La Liga if they are victorious against mid-table Malaga in their final game of the season on Sunday (May 21). It's hard because they are a good team.
"Malaga is a good team, but we are Real Madrid and we have to show that we are the better team and that we want to be the champions", Ronaldo said. We also have a very good and young squad.
Real Madrid coach will take his side to Malaga on the back of five consecutive league wins and knowing that Malaga are coached by former Real Madrid legend, Michel Gonzalez.
For Real Madrid, the remaining two fixtures are extremely crucial as a minor slip-up can cost them the title.More news: LeBron, Cavs have reeling Celtics in must-win for Game 2
In a odd twist of fate, Real Madrid will be forced to pay Sunday's opponents Malaga €1m if they win La Liga this weekend.
"The first half was end to end and that doesn't suit us, we were much better with the ball in the second and we played a little better", added Zidane. "You have to be positive". "The boss has managed things very well this year".
"I'm feeling well, everything will be decided this weekend and I'm doing well, scoring goals and helping the team. So I am happy".
The Portugal star missed the chance for a hat trick in the 75th minute, incredibly missing from close range with only the goalkeeper to beat.More news: One killed, 22 injured after vehicle plows through Times Square sidewalk
I opened the scoring and scored the second, this was important. A subsequent victory against Juventus in the Champions League final on June 3 would give Madrid its first European double since the 1957-58 season.
"The most hard part is still to come even though we're getting closer (to the title) every day", Zidane told reporters. It also won a Champions League and La Liga double in 2011.
Zidane was in no mood to celebrate just yet either at his postmatch news conference, admitting he was "happy" but "tired" as his team moved to within a point of the title.
"We played with incredible attitude and personality", said Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane.More news: Patrick Roberts Scores Yet Another Beauty As Celtic Coast Past Partick
"We are happy with the job we have done here and were deserved winners from start to finish".
- Two Mayo senators support Leo Varadkar in FG leadership battle
- Surface Pro 4 successor leaks ahead of imminent unveiling
- Why Was James Comey Fired? President Trump Contradicts His Team
- Sangamithra's First Look Poster revealed at Cannes Film Festival
- Joe Lieberman is front-runner to be next Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- Tim Cook spotted testing Apple's glucose monitor
- Merkley Agrees NAFTA Needs Renegotiated, But Wary Of Trump Administration
- Nottingham Forest confirm takeover by Greek consortium
- CBI to examine Kapil Mishra's allegations on graft
- EU bars Nigerian airline from operating in its airspace