Celta put up a courageous fight in this rearranged fixture, even when reduced to 10 men for the final 30 minutes, but in the end Real proved too strong and now require just one point from their trip to Malaga on Sunday.
"He has managed things very well", Ronaldo added on Zidane.
Ahead of their home match with Real Madrid last night, Barcelona and Real Madrid were tied at the top of La Liga with eighty-seven points, although a far superior goal difference meant Barcelona topped the table.
Ronaldo was fantastic, even though he should have had a hat trick, missing a sitter in the second half. "I expect Celta to play like normal".More news: Arms for Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need to Know
Cristiano Ronaldo, however, returns to the squad as part of manager Zinedine Zidane's rotation system. "They have a good side and will do everything to play their game". "We're happy with that, but we're only thinking about tomorrow's match and he'll not travel to Vigo".
Giving the astounding regularity with which he has scored crucial goals in these last few weeks, it appears CR7 was just waiting for the most momentous time to put his mercurial talents to use.
But goals from Karim Benzema and Toni Kroos secured the points for Real Madrid, taking them to within touching distance of their first league championship since the 2011/12 season.
"Cristiano feels very well, physically great", he said.More news: Trump says he did not ask Comey to end investigation
Madrid has been dominant from the start of the season, being in front for most of the league.
Malaga could be tricky because it has been in strong form recently. I think that Real will not have problems with Celta, who, although she will try to resist, must ultimately lose. "We will see how he goes, but he's not back in the group just yet and I can't tell you when he'll return".
"We are highly motivated and, although we only need a point, we will go there to win, as always".
Dermot Corrigan is a Madrid-based football writer who covers La Liga and the Spain national team for ESPN FC.More news: WikiLeaks source Chelsea Manning freed from prison
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - An Absolute Blast
- No political questions please, says Rajinikanth
- Erdogan Supporters in Violent Clash with Protesters in Washington
- Johnny Depp Discloses the Strangest Place He's Ever Hooked Up
- USA veteran kills one in Times Square vehicle crash, 22 hurt
- Lib Dems outline waste plan in election manifesto
- Brazil crisis deepens with probe of president, top senator
- The Wannacry Cyber Attack Puts NSA Hacking Back Into Focus
- What the Laptop Ban Expansion Means
- Campbell Soup's profit drops 4.8 pct