Tom Rogic scored his 11th goal of the season as champions Celtic thrashed Partick Thistle 5-0 on Thursday in the Scottish Premiership.
Delighted by another relentless display from his side, Rodgers added: 'That's 103 points, 104 goals and 33 wins - so we need one more win to beat that record also.
Brendan Rodgers celebrates when Celtic clinched the title last month.
However, after Jags defender Callum Booth up-ended the slippery Roberts in the box, referee Andrew Dallas pointed to the spot and Griffiths drove his penalty low past Cerny and into the corner for Celtic's 100th league goal of the season. We played well when we won here 4-1 earlier in the season but this was a different game.More news: USA launches NAFTA 90-day renegotiation countdown
"For a minute he forgot himself; he thought about himself instead of the team", said Rodgers later.
Striker Leigh Griffiths started the rout in the 17th minute with a penalty although he blotted his copybook when he revealed his unhappiness at being replaced in the 63rd minute, with Scott Sinclair coming on.
"But he was outstanding tonight and he understood afterwards that I need also to protect him as the only fit striker at the moment".
Rodgers will understand that he is dealing with a striker who scored 40 goals himself last season, clearly hungry to add to his total this season.More news: Graham believes Russian Federation probe 'considered a criminal investigation'
"But you have seen the evolution of this team over the course of the season". This was an outstanding team performance'.
A player of his clear talent needs to be playing, so Celtic will surely try to bring him back, the only danger is that his performances may have generated interest from the English Premier League, and Man City may want to see what he can do on loan in the league they play in.
"They will always get opportunities because, for me, the collective is what this squad is all about", he said. In that campaign, O'Neill's side lost one match. For us, it was very disappointing.
But it was all smiles and kisses after the game as the players and management took acclaim of the Celtic fans in Firhill's packed Jackie Husband Stand.More news: Nottingham Forest confirm takeover by Greek consortium
"They were miles ahead of us tonight and they have been all season and miles ahead of most of the league".
- 3 fall from Ferris wheel ride in Washington state at festival
- Two Mayo senators support Leo Varadkar in FG leadership battle
- New 'pinned chats' feature rolls on WhatsApp for Android
- USA 'democracy is at risk' - lawmaker wants Trump impeached
- CBI to examine Kapil Mishra's allegations on graft
- Would the House really need to vote again on health care?
- Len McCluskey wrong to say Labour can not win election - Kezia Dugdale
- Priest's DNA doesn't match evidence in nun's slaying
- Trump's Clear Intent To Influence Russian Investigation — CNN's Chris Cuomo
- House, Senate Russia investigators promise to plow ahead