Evangelos Marinakis concluded the purchase of Forest yesterday from Fawaz Al-Hasawi, the unpopular Kuwaiti, after passing the EFL's owners and directors test. Forest is one of England's oldest clubs and one with a proud history of national and worldwide excellence.
Nicholas Randall QC is set to take over as chairman, while Ioannis Vrentzos - who worked under Marinakis at Olympiakos - is Forest's new chief executive.
The Greek businessman and owner of Olympiacos finalised his 100 per cent buy out from Fawaz Al Hasawi on Thursday. Our team has demonstrated that we know how to create success in football by having won title after title with Olympiacos in Greek football.
Marinakis, who set up his business in the United Kingdom after attending school and university in London, wants to replicate his success with Olympiacos at Forest and has appointed lawyer Nicholas Randall as club chairman.More news: Penguins vs Capitals - Game 6: Trevor Dailey ruled out with body injury
Marinakis' arrival saw him put in place a hierarchy at the City Ground.
"My confidence is high but I want to reserve some judgement until we see the actions that follow in the coming months, I have huge faith in Mark Warburton and Frank McParland to run the football side of the club and hopefully that confidence will come to the off-field side in the coming months".
Stanley believes Marinakis' plans for Forest could help stabilise the club and even push them on for a promotion back to the Premier League.
"Forest is one of England's oldest clubs and one with a proud history of national and worldwide excellence".More news: USA launches NAFTA 90-day renegotiation countdown
In a statement, Marinakis has given Warburton assurances that he will be with the club "for a number of years".
"Nottingham Forest's supporters have been magnificent in a hard season and now my management team want their voices to be heard and include their input in our decision-making", Marinakis said.
"We shall bring back as many people as possible, in particular of course former players, who played a decisive role in building Forest's legacy", Marinakis added.
"But they remained loyal and for us that's very important".More news: Trump's Clear Intent To Influence Russian Investigation — CNN's Chris Cuomo
- Former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes dead, network says
- Len McCluskey wrong to say Labour can not win election - Kezia Dugdale
- Chris Cornell hanged himself, medical examiner says
- NY driver suspect Richard Rojas was 'hearing voices'
- USA 'democracy is at risk' - lawmaker wants Trump impeached
- Patrick Roberts Scores Yet Another Beauty As Celtic Coast Past Partick
- U.S. envoy vows to call out countries backing North Korea
- Joe Lieberman is front-runner to be next Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- House, Senate Russia investigators promise to plow ahead
- Cyber security companies boosted by hack concerns