He heaped praise on the people of Tamil Nadu.
But if he did join politics, he would ensure that there would be no place for those seeking material gain.
Ever since the death of J. Jayalalithaa in December 2016 and the realisation that former chief minister M. Karunanidhi will turn 93 in a few weeks, the state's political arena has been rife with expectations of an overhaul.
On the last day of his meeting with fans, superstar Rajinikanth has given enough hints on his highly anticipated political plunge. He added that if some in Tamil Nadu were to ask him to leave the state, he would rather go to Himalayas than settle down in any other State.More news: Trump denies he asked Comey to drop Flynn investigation
Seeman, leader of Naam Thamizhar party, said that while he respected Rajinikanth as an actor who had taken to Tamil cinema having come from outside but the state does not need an "outsider" as Chief Minister. Now I am 67 years old.
"I have a job to do, you also concentrate on your work". You have been truly loving and welcoming and made me a true Tamilian. So, go back home and do your work.
The one time when he made a political statement he changed the course of the electorate.
In his latest comments, Rajinikanth had said he had no desire to joins politics, but if he did, he would show the door to all "money-minded" people.More news: Campbell Soup's profit drops 4.8 pct
The actor's roots are often a focal point of discussion in various circles and they come to the fore when the Cauvery dispute between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu peaks.
Observing that one could not grow without opposition, more so in politics, where there would definitely be opposition, he said: "Opposition is the capital investment in politics".
The versatile actor said he would take a decision on joining politics when the time comes. While the actor has refused comment, on Wednesday, BJP national secretary H Raja called him a "popular" personality who is "welcome to join" the party.
He also said if he enters politics, he will be truthful and will not entertain people who want to make money.More news: Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Chalking Up Volume in Session
While posters asking Rajinikanth to join politics have sprang up in some of the prominent areas in Chennai over the last few months, the actor on Friday said, "One can not grow without opposition; in politics opposition is essential".
- Trump administration will let Iran nuclear deal live, United States officials say
- Meet Robert Mueller, The Special Counsel Appointed In The Russia Probe
- Former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes died after fall in home
- What the Laptop Ban Expansion Means
- 'Crypto' parasite outbreaks on the rise at pools, waterparks in Alabama, US
- Brazil crisis deepens with probe of president, top senator
- Arms for Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need to Know
- Trump scraps Masada visit after Israel nixes chopper landing
- Iran's re-engagement with the world at stake in Friday presidential vote
- Trump says he did not ask Comey to end investigation