He heaped praise on the people of Tamil Nadu.
But if he did join politics, he would ensure that there would be no place for those seeking material gain.
Ever since the death of J. Jayalalithaa in December 2016 and the realisation that former chief minister M. Karunanidhi will turn 93 in a few weeks, the state's political arena has been rife with expectations of an overhaul.
On the last day of his meeting with fans, superstar Rajinikanth has given enough hints on his highly anticipated political plunge. He added that if some in Tamil Nadu were to ask him to leave the state, he would rather go to Himalayas than settle down in any other State.More news: Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Chalking Up Volume in Session
Seeman, leader of Naam Thamizhar party, said that while he respected Rajinikanth as an actor who had taken to Tamil cinema having come from outside but the state does not need an "outsider" as Chief Minister. Now I am 67 years old.
"I have a job to do, you also concentrate on your work". You have been truly loving and welcoming and made me a true Tamilian. So, go back home and do your work.
The one time when he made a political statement he changed the course of the electorate.
In his latest comments, Rajinikanth had said he had no desire to joins politics, but if he did, he would show the door to all "money-minded" people.More news: Former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes died after fall in home
The actor's roots are often a focal point of discussion in various circles and they come to the fore when the Cauvery dispute between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu peaks.
Observing that one could not grow without opposition, more so in politics, where there would definitely be opposition, he said: "Opposition is the capital investment in politics".
The versatile actor said he would take a decision on joining politics when the time comes. While the actor has refused comment, on Wednesday, BJP national secretary H Raja called him a "popular" personality who is "welcome to join" the party.
He also said if he enters politics, he will be truthful and will not entertain people who want to make money.More news: Trump Wants Michael Flynn Back in White House
While posters asking Rajinikanth to join politics have sprang up in some of the prominent areas in Chennai over the last few months, the actor on Friday said, "One can not grow without opposition; in politics opposition is essential".
- Tom Brady signs endorsement deal with Aston Martin, will pitch $211000 auto
- Iran's re-engagement with the world at stake in Friday presidential vote
- Labour reaches highest rating yet in latest General Election poll
- London City Airport's flights to be controlled from 70 miles away
- Howard fastest, Honda dominates Indianapolis 500 practice
- Soundgarden and Audioslave rocker Chris Cornell takes his own, aged 52
- Trump scraps Masada visit after Israel nixes chopper landing
- Lib Dems outline waste plan in election manifesto
- Arms for Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need to Know
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - An Absolute Blast