Several female suicide bombers in northeast Nigeria blew themselves up amid panicked villagers fleeing a Boko Haram attack, killing scores, the army and witnesses said on July 4.
The Police in Borno State have confirmed the incident, but said only the suicide bombers were killed in the incident.
Locals told Anadolu Agency that those injured included soldiers, members of the government-backed vigilante group and personnel of the varsity's security, without mentioning the specific number of people hurt in the incident.More news: CVS Stops Carrying Sunscreen and Products Under SPF 15
In an attempt to enter the female hostels, they were intercepted by security operatives.
The first attack, he said, "occurred around the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, after the bomber detonated the bomb before being accosted by soldiers".
It was gathered that one of the bombers hurriedly detonated the Improvised Explosive Device (IED), strapped on his body, killing himself and injuring three security men.More news: Antarctica is greening due to global warming
Two suicide bombers have detonated bombs in the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID), reports say..
Maiduguri - At least one person was reported dead following two bomb blasts at the University of Maiduguri in northern Nigeria on Thursday night.
The latest attack comes just five days after a security personnel was killed when suicide bomber detonated his vest in the school.More news: Birthplace of grunge mourns 'Seattle's son' Chris Cornell
- Reactions to the death of Fox News founder Roger Ailes
- Sachin Tendulkar Meets PM Modi Ahead of Movie Release
- Trump's first foreign trip a high-stakes voyage
- DeVos to reveal school choice plans Monday
- Jose set to lose De Gea
- United States imposes sanctions on Venezuelan supreme court justices
- Factors to Note Before Buying American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO)
- The Inanity of Blaming Obama for Flynn
- Ageism in Hollywood does not anger me, says Goldie Hawn
- Why Trump's combative trade stance makes US farmers nervous