Several female suicide bombers in northeast Nigeria blew themselves up amid panicked villagers fleeing a Boko Haram attack, killing scores, the army and witnesses said on July 4.
The Police in Borno State have confirmed the incident, but said only the suicide bombers were killed in the incident.
Locals told Anadolu Agency that those injured included soldiers, members of the government-backed vigilante group and personnel of the varsity's security, without mentioning the specific number of people hurt in the incident.More news: Trump's first foreign trip a high-stakes voyage
In an attempt to enter the female hostels, they were intercepted by security operatives.
The first attack, he said, "occurred around the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, after the bomber detonated the bomb before being accosted by soldiers".
It was gathered that one of the bombers hurriedly detonated the Improvised Explosive Device (IED), strapped on his body, killing himself and injuring three security men.More news: Salesforce posts better-than-expected quarterly revenue (CRM)
Two suicide bombers have detonated bombs in the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID), reports say..
Maiduguri - At least one person was reported dead following two bomb blasts at the University of Maiduguri in northern Nigeria on Thursday night.
The latest attack comes just five days after a security personnel was killed when suicide bomber detonated his vest in the school.More news: Paul Pierce says the Celtics should trade the No. 1 overall pick
- Shopper wrestles deer that wandered into Minnesota Walmart
- The Inanity of Blaming Obama for Flynn
- DeVos to reveal school choice plans Monday
- What we currently know about the global cyberattack
- Scattered showers this evening
- Iran sanctions 9 American firms as countermeasure
- Antarctica is greening due to global warming
- Ageism in Hollywood does not anger me, says Goldie Hawn
- CVS Stops Carrying Sunscreen and Products Under SPF 15
- Nadal suffers first clay loss in Rome