Facebook-owned popular social messaging app WhatsApp has finally rolled out it's much awaited "pinned chats" feature for all its Android users.
Pinned Chats is quite a neat feature that allows the users to pin their favourite chats on the top.
If you want to pin a chat to the top, long press the chat and you will see the "pin" icon on the top bar. Users need to simply tap and hold a chat, and then tap the pin icon at the top of their WhatsApp screen. Now, with WhatsApp's "pinned chats" feature, it is possible.More news: Trump denies ever urging Comey to back off Flynn investigation
iOS users will have to wait a bit longer. Simply select the unpin icon and the chat will move down the chain of threads, in chronological order. You are also able to unpin the chat just as easily, and this can be done by once again tapping and holding the chat, which will give you a number of options.
The only limitation is that you can tag only up to three chats on the top.
One of the biggest highlights of the new Pin feature is that once you pin a chat, it will remain on the top of your chat list, irrespective of your dialogue or conversation timings with the individual or group concerned.More news: CBI to examine Kapil Mishra's allegations on graft
People have been talking about the new Pinned feature and have taken to Twitter to share their thoughts.
Well, WhatsApp is definitely late in introducing the new feature, considering we have been using "Pinned" feature on platforms like Telegram, YouTube, and Twitter.
The pinned chat feature is now available only on the Android platform.More news: Cyber security companies boosted by hack concerns
- Uber appeals arbitration ruling in Waymo lawsuit
- New Skoda Karoq revealed
- Ceremony honors fallen officers
- NY driver suspect Richard Rojas was 'hearing voices'
- Times Square crash: What we know so far
- Oil producers' talk of longer cuts spurs optimism
- NASA's Van Allen Probes Find Radio Wave Shroud Enveloping Earth
- Chris Cornell hanged himself, medical examiner says
- 3 fall from Ferris wheel ride in Washington state at festival
- Trump again blows up a careful White House statement with a tweet