- Melissa McCarthy, after spending a morning in Manhattan traffic dressed as Sean Spicer.
As early as Friday, New Yorkers saw McCarthy in Spicer attire driving a lectern in New York, a clear hint that Spicer would return to the show.More news: LeBron leads Cavs again, Spurs edge ahead
However, it was quickly noticed that Spicer was actually standing outside the building, staring in through the press room window while hiding in the bushes. McCarthy as Spicer defended Donald Trump on the ties to Russian Federation scandal. SNL even posted a Spicer teaser on YouTube showing McCarthy feeling "pretty, oh so pretty" ahead of the show. "How do we know?" Trump offers to let him stay for a kiss, like the one in the Godfather, and Spicer reluctantly obliges with a full on make-out scene to close the sketch.
After a trip through New York City, McCarthy's Spicer found Trump, played by Baldwin, at a golf course in New Jersey, where "Saturday Night Live" presented a twist.More news: New French Prime Minister Described himself as a Man of the Right
The episode, which again aired live coast to coast, doubled-down on Trump by also using Baldwin in a cold open spoofing his interview with NBC anchor Lester Holt, played with increasing incredulity by "Weekend Update" co-anchor Michael Che. It's plenty of Sean "Rage" Spicer getting flustered and furious at the press, eventually taking off (on his motorized podium) to confront Trump himself about some fibs Spicer may have had to tell for the President.
So it's only fitting that the outtakes from McCarthy's most recent Saturday Night Live sketch mocking the White House press secretary arrived on Tuesday night. But I get two scoops, OK? Even when an episode turns out to be a mess, the fact that the show even comes together is a feat in itself.More news: NVIDIA Corporation Shares Plummet As Google Unveils New AI Processors
- Champions of England: Chelsea fans celebrate Premier League title win in Uyo
- Real Madrid dominate Celta Vigo 4-1
- 1 in 6 newlyweds' spouse is of different race or ethnicity
- Still struggling with back injury, Rory McIlroy will undergo MRI on Monday
- Brady touts border-adjustable tax in House GOP plan; Mnuchin skeptical
- Donald Trump is in 'impeachment territory,' former Nixon adviser says
- HTC is making a new standalone Vive VR headset for Google
- 'James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of
- USA admiral: North Korea's actions 'recipe for disaster'
- Israel rethinking USA security ties after Trump's intel blunder