With home-court advantage gone, the Celtics face a virtual must-win Game 2 on Friday night.
The Cavaliers accomplished that by building a 30-19 lead over the Celtics after the first quarter.
Michael Jordan isn't walking through the door, but Isaiah Thomas and the Boston Celtics still are hopeful about their chances against the Cleveland Cavaliers.More news: Graham believes Russian Federation probe 'considered a criminal investigation'
The most recent example comes courtesy of Celtics head coach Brad Stevens, who says that James is playing at a level he's never seen before.
The Cavaliers started the second quarter on a 6-1 run, and their 36-20 lead forced the Celtics into their second timeout of the game. It included getting within 11 points with less than 2 minutes to play.
Better than 38 points, nine rebounds and seven assists?More news: Steel Partners Holdings LP (SPLP) Rating Lowered to C at TheStreet
Reserve guard Iman Shumpert got the run started when he caught a pass from James and buried a three-pointer from 26 feet away. Cleveland had 22 points in the paint in the first, and James scored 15 in the first quarter alone.
For his part, Thomas said there doesn't need to be a lot of soul searching. "They lace up their shoes just like us". I mean, they definitely showed a few bodies that was aggressive on me, but that's nothing I haven't seen this whole year.
With less than two minutes remaining, LeBron James was being guarded by Celtics big man Kelly Olynyk.well not really. "This crowd is unbelievable, so we wanted to come out early and try to take the crowd out".More news: Texas man sues woman for texting in date
- Len McCluskey wrong to say Labour can not win election - Kezia Dugdale
- Nottingham Forest confirm takeover by Greek consortium
- Chaffetz wants Comey to appear before House committee
- Israeli intelligence agents furious with Trump
- Surface Pro 4 successor leaks ahead of imminent unveiling
- Joe Lieberman is front-runner to be next Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- Tim Cook spotted testing Apple's glucose monitor
- Real Madrid: Watch Cristiano Ronaldo score record-breaking goals in La Liga
- One killed, 22 injured after vehicle plows through Times Square sidewalk
- Two Mayo senators support Leo Varadkar in FG leadership battle