With home-court advantage gone, the Celtics face a virtual must-win Game 2 on Friday night.
The Cavaliers accomplished that by building a 30-19 lead over the Celtics after the first quarter.
Michael Jordan isn't walking through the door, but Isaiah Thomas and the Boston Celtics still are hopeful about their chances against the Cleveland Cavaliers.More news: Always Dreaming is 4-5 early favorite for Preakness
The most recent example comes courtesy of Celtics head coach Brad Stevens, who says that James is playing at a level he's never seen before.
The Cavaliers started the second quarter on a 6-1 run, and their 36-20 lead forced the Celtics into their second timeout of the game. It included getting within 11 points with less than 2 minutes to play.
Better than 38 points, nine rebounds and seven assists?More news: Joe Lieberman is front-runner to be next Federal Bureau of Investigation director
Reserve guard Iman Shumpert got the run started when he caught a pass from James and buried a three-pointer from 26 feet away. Cleveland had 22 points in the paint in the first, and James scored 15 in the first quarter alone.
For his part, Thomas said there doesn't need to be a lot of soul searching. "They lace up their shoes just like us". I mean, they definitely showed a few bodies that was aggressive on me, but that's nothing I haven't seen this whole year.
With less than two minutes remaining, LeBron James was being guarded by Celtics big man Kelly Olynyk.well not really. "This crowd is unbelievable, so we wanted to come out early and try to take the crowd out".More news: New Skoda Karoq revealed
- Why Was James Comey Fired? President Trump Contradicts His Team
- Chaffetz wants Comey to appear before House committee
- EU bars Nigerian airline from operating in its airspace
- Real Madrid: Watch Cristiano Ronaldo score record-breaking goals in La Liga
- Patrick Roberts Scores Yet Another Beauty As Celtic Coast Past Partick
- Trump again blows up a careful White House statement with a tweet
- USA 'democracy is at risk' - lawmaker wants Trump impeached
- Brazilian President Michel Temer, accused of bribery, says he will not resign
- Texas man sues woman for texting in date
- Israeli intelligence agents furious with Trump