Dinesh Karthik (47 off 25) continued his purple patch with the bat with a well paced 47 off 25 balls.
Indian middle-order batsman Manish Pandey has been ruled out of next month's ICC Champions Trophy due to a side strain and will be replaced in the squad by wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik, the BCCI announced on Thursday.More news: Hugh Jackman was nervous about Logan's villainous plot twist
The defending champions will begin their Champions Trophy campaign again arch rival Pakistan on June 4 in Birmingham following matches against Sri Lanka and South Africa on June 8 and June 11 respectively. He has also scored 704 runs in the Ranji Trophy and another 361 runs for Gujarat Lions in IPL 2017, capping off a consistent domestic season. But, the middle order batsman can't able to play in the upcoming ICC event. Karthik scored total of 607 runs from 9 innings at 86.71, with an impressive strike-rate of 102.01. It also included two centuries and four fifties as well.
While there might be other names being considered favourites on IPL form, Karthik's selection seems to be a result of his strong domestic performance.More news: Canada warns it may cancel US jet buy over Bombardier probe
Karthik has represented Indian side across formats on many occasions.
Having played 23 Tests and 71 ODIs for India, Karthik pipped another glovesman Rishabh Pant, who was also a part of the reserves. The India Cricket board has marked his name in the India team squad for the Champions Trophy.More news: Security Council condemns NKorea missile test
- Madrid a draw away from Spanish title after win over Celta
- New Zealand optimistic of reviving TPP trade deal
- Alice Cooper adds heartfelt message to Chris Cornell tributes
- Rep. Chaffetz expected to leave office by end of June
- Kushner Family 'Invest $500K and Immigrate to the U.S.'
- Iranian Vice President Drops Out Of Presidential Race, Backs Rohani
- Spurs see off Man U in White Hart Lane finale
- Salesforce.com Beats Profit, Revenue Views, Tweaks Full-Year Outlook
- Robin Wright outraged Kevin Spacey is paid more for House of Cards
- Ransomware outbreak prompts Microsoft to update old software