Dinesh Karthik (47 off 25) continued his purple patch with the bat with a well paced 47 off 25 balls.
Indian middle-order batsman Manish Pandey has been ruled out of next month's ICC Champions Trophy due to a side strain and will be replaced in the squad by wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik, the BCCI announced on Thursday.More news: Planned Parenthood closing 3 of 6 clinics in NM
The defending champions will begin their Champions Trophy campaign again arch rival Pakistan on June 4 in Birmingham following matches against Sri Lanka and South Africa on June 8 and June 11 respectively. He has also scored 704 runs in the Ranji Trophy and another 361 runs for Gujarat Lions in IPL 2017, capping off a consistent domestic season. But, the middle order batsman can't able to play in the upcoming ICC event. Karthik scored total of 607 runs from 9 innings at 86.71, with an impressive strike-rate of 102.01. It also included two centuries and four fifties as well.
While there might be other names being considered favourites on IPL form, Karthik's selection seems to be a result of his strong domestic performance.More news: Terrified West African girl held as a sex slave in Sydney
Karthik has represented Indian side across formats on many occasions.
Having played 23 Tests and 71 ODIs for India, Karthik pipped another glovesman Rishabh Pant, who was also a part of the reserves. The India Cricket board has marked his name in the India team squad for the Champions Trophy.More news: Spurs see off Man U in White Hart Lane finale
- Rep. Chaffetz expected to leave office by end of June
- Anti-doping authorities look to increase penalties for national teams
- Trump Denies Asking Comey To Close Investigation on Flynn
- Canada warns it may cancel US jet buy over Bombardier probe
- 1 dead, 19 injured after vehicle crashes into Times Square crowd
- Kushner Family 'Invest $500K and Immigrate to the U.S.'
- Salesforce.com Beats Profit, Revenue Views, Tweaks Full-Year Outlook
- 'I think it's bulls***' - Green slams Thompson's All-NBA snub
- Times Square Murderer: Raging Driver Wanted Cops To Kill Him - Shocking Details
- Corbyn: Labour won't hit £80000 earners with immediate income tax hike