Dinesh Karthik (47 off 25) continued his purple patch with the bat with a well paced 47 off 25 balls.
Indian middle-order batsman Manish Pandey has been ruled out of next month's ICC Champions Trophy due to a side strain and will be replaced in the squad by wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik, the BCCI announced on Thursday.More news: Rep. Chaffetz expected to leave office by end of June
The defending champions will begin their Champions Trophy campaign again arch rival Pakistan on June 4 in Birmingham following matches against Sri Lanka and South Africa on June 8 and June 11 respectively. He has also scored 704 runs in the Ranji Trophy and another 361 runs for Gujarat Lions in IPL 2017, capping off a consistent domestic season. But, the middle order batsman can't able to play in the upcoming ICC event. Karthik scored total of 607 runs from 9 innings at 86.71, with an impressive strike-rate of 102.01. It also included two centuries and four fifties as well.
While there might be other names being considered favourites on IPL form, Karthik's selection seems to be a result of his strong domestic performance.More news: The Coolest Things From Google I/O 2017
Karthik has represented Indian side across formats on many occasions.
Having played 23 Tests and 71 ODIs for India, Karthik pipped another glovesman Rishabh Pant, who was also a part of the reserves. The India Cricket board has marked his name in the India team squad for the Champions Trophy.More news: Trump Denies Asking Comey To Close Investigation on Flynn
- Security Council condemns NKorea missile test
- Flynn, Manafort Key Targets of FBI Investigation
- Iranian Vice President Drops Out Of Presidential Race, Backs Rohani
- Alice Cooper adds heartfelt message to Chris Cornell tributes
- Ransomware outbreak prompts Microsoft to update old software
- Times Square Murderer: Raging Driver Wanted Cops To Kill Him - Shocking Details
- Canada warns it may cancel US jet buy over Bombardier probe
- Hugh Jackman was nervous about Logan's villainous plot twist
- Terrified West African girl held as a sex slave in Sydney
- Robin Wright outraged Kevin Spacey is paid more for House of Cards