Veteran Harbhajan Singh and leg-spinner Karn Sharma can take care of the middle overs.
The match as a contest was over by the time Kings XI Punjab skipper Glenn Maxwell (0) got out with the scoreboard reading 32 for five.
Mumbai: Indian Premier League leaders Mumbai Indians will look to carry their momentum into Qualifier 1 and seal a final berth when they take on state rivals Rising Pune Supergiant at Wankhede Stadium here on Tuesday. Afterward of this match between MI and RPS also a match is all set to take place between SRH and KKR which is going to be rocking one.
"It's been good this year, three times we've beaten them now". We had new players coming in, we have a good balance now.More news: State Department Summons Turkish Ambassador After Bloody Brawl in DC
It has indeed been a fairytale season for Rising Pune Supergiant (RPS).
"It was a big day and big players stepped up".
154 Runs scored by Ajinkya Rahane in three matches against Mumbai Indians this season - at an average of 51.33 and a strike-rate of 141.28.
Mumbai Indians and Rising Pune have finished in the top two positions which means they will play the first qualifier. "Players who got out had been informing the next batsman that it's a slow wicket and even then if you throw away wickets it means that you're not up for the game", Sehwag said. Bumrah's overseas colleagues - Lasith Malinga and Mitchell McCleneghan - have to offer some support if they want to exert their influence on Pune's strong batting line-up. It was a big game. The first qualifier of IPL 2017 gives the another chance for the loser to play IPL final.More news: Kane scores 4 as EPL runner-up Tottenham routs Leicester 6-1
Sundar put Pune firmly on top by removing Rohit Sharma and Ambati Rayudu in the sixth over, the teenager also striking a major blow by getting Kieron Pollard cheaply to put Mumbai in the mire on 51-4. Tiwary gets run out at the non-striker's end after Dhoni sends him back.
Earlier, Supergiant were pumped up by Mahendra Singh Dhoni's unbeaten 40 off 26 balls and Manoj Tiwary's 58 in their 73-run fourth-wicket stand off 44 balls.
Zampa scalped wickets of Mohit Sharma (6), Ishant Sharma (1).
3/16 Washington Sundar's figures - his best in a Twenty20 match. The side will look slightly uncomfortable with the absence of star England all-rounder Ben Stokes, who has left for worldwide dutyHowever, RPS do have hard-hitting batsmen such as MS Dhoni (240 runs this season) and skipper Steve Smith himself.More news: Chico's FAS Inc. (CHS) dipped -5.34% in the last trading session
- Intelligence Trump leaked to Russians came from Israel
- "I Will Not Resign, I Repeat, I Will Not Resign." - Brazilian President
- 'Planned By AAP', Says Kapil Mishra On Being Attacked During Protest
- Tottenham Hotspur fans confident Janssen will be firing next season
- Trump intends to renegotiate NAFTA as early as August
- Arvind Kejriwal opposed note ban as it threatened money laundering: Kapil Mishra
- Gaviria completes hat-trick on stage 12
- Kulbhushan Jadhav case: Five reasons why ICJ ordered Pakistan to stop execution
- Trump open to engagement with North Korea under right conditions
- Intl. court asks Pakistan to stay execution of Indian 'spy'