Everton boss Ronald Koeman is not confident that Ross Barkley will stay this summer and is already "looking for players in that position".
"I am not anxious because I like to work with players who like to play".
The England global, 23, has been linked with a move away from Goodison Park this summer as he's yet to sign a new contract and is approaching the final year of his current deal.
Everton finish their season with an away game against Arsenal on Sunday and it is highly unlikely that Barkley will have made up his mind by then, as reported by the Telegraph. "On Monday. Then we'll know it".More news: Senate Judiciary Committee also demands Comey memos, Trump tapes
'I am not anxious because I like to work with players who want to stay.
"We had several meetings and we know what we want". We are already trying to get players in for next season in the front positions. If he stays there will be more competition.
Asked how contract talks stood with Lukaku - the league's top scorer - and Barkley, Koeman said he "didn't know", though the midfielder's situation would be resolved soon.
"If you offer the player a good contract, it means we want him to stay here".More news: 'Single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history,' Trump claims
"I spoke to the player, the board spoke to the player and his agent".
"We need to keep his goals and find more players to score more than four or five goals in one season". I don't know if he won't give an answer.
Everton will demand a fee of £50 million if they are to sell Ross Barkley this summer, according to reports.
When asked whether he was confident that Barkley would resign, Koeman said: 'No because he is a long time thinking about the future.More news: The Witcher Saga: Popular series to be developed into a Netflix show
- Emma Stone plays matchmaker for Taylor swift
- Jokowi Optimistic About China's Belt And Road Initiative
- ICC Champions Trophy: Raina, Gambhir dropped again as Rohit, Shami make cut
- New Orleans Uproots Third Confederate Statue In Early Morning Operation
- The House Oversight Committee is inviting Comey to testify
- Muslim women can opt out of triple talaq, AIMPLB tells SC
- India confirm Champions Trophy participation
- GOP lawmaker demands inquiry of Turkish leader's bodyguards
- Ambulances diverted to North Mid Hospital following crippling cyber attack
- VW's GTI on the way up!