The top baby names for the nation as a whole a year ago were Noah and Emma. This marks the fourth year at number one for Noah and the third for Emma.
Noah has held that top spot four times overall, while Emma three times.More news: Trump knew Flynn was under investigation weeks before inauguration
Here's a full breakdown of the names, which comes from Social Security card applications.
Girls: Emma, Olivia, Ava, Sophia, Isabella, Mia, Charlotte, Abigail, Emily and Harper.More news: Former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes died after fall in home
While Emma and Noah may not seem like young parents in Pennsylvania were bursting with creativity when it came to giving their newborns a lifelong identity previous year, there were a few names that stood out. Noah sat atop the list for boy names.
For 2016, Kehlani and Kylo saw the biggest increases. Both jumped down a spot in the 2016 rankings.More news: What the Laptop Ban Expansion Means
For the boys, Kylo soared 2,368 spots, coming in at number 901 in 2016. Music fans will recognize Kehlani from artist Kehlani Parrish, and Star Wars fans will remember Kylo from "The Force Awakens". This could be attributed to the return to the silver screen of America's favorite boxer Rocky Balboa in the 2015 movie Creed, where Rocky trains and mentors Adonis Johnson Creed, the son of his late friend and boxing rival, Apollo Creed. The name Zayn also made the boys fastest riser list.
- Joe Biden Could Run For President in 2020
- Macron calls for 'historic reconstruction' of Europe
- Billboard Music Awards on RTL-CBS Entertainment
- Trump says special counsel appointment "hurts our country terribly"
- Worldwide cyber-attack "Wannacry"
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Chalking Up Volume in Session
- Campbell Soup's profit drops 4.8 pct
- Erdogan Supporters in Violent Clash with Protesters in Washington
- Trump Administration Upholds Iran Sanctions Waiver, Keeping Nuclear Deal Alive
- Senate Judiciary Committee also demands Comey memos, Trump tapes