The top baby names for the nation as a whole a year ago were Noah and Emma. This marks the fourth year at number one for Noah and the third for Emma.
Noah has held that top spot four times overall, while Emma three times.More news: Macron calls for 'historic reconstruction' of Europe
Here's a full breakdown of the names, which comes from Social Security card applications.
Girls: Emma, Olivia, Ava, Sophia, Isabella, Mia, Charlotte, Abigail, Emily and Harper.More news: Autodesk Inc (NASDAQ:ADSK): Institutional Investors Are Worried
While Emma and Noah may not seem like young parents in Pennsylvania were bursting with creativity when it came to giving their newborns a lifelong identity previous year, there were a few names that stood out. Noah sat atop the list for boy names.
For 2016, Kehlani and Kylo saw the biggest increases. Both jumped down a spot in the 2016 rankings.More news: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg posts video of Harvard acceptance in 2002
For the boys, Kylo soared 2,368 spots, coming in at number 901 in 2016. Music fans will recognize Kehlani from artist Kehlani Parrish, and Star Wars fans will remember Kylo from "The Force Awakens". This could be attributed to the return to the silver screen of America's favorite boxer Rocky Balboa in the 2015 movie Creed, where Rocky trains and mentors Adonis Johnson Creed, the son of his late friend and boxing rival, Apollo Creed. The name Zayn also made the boys fastest riser list.
- Trump knew Flynn was under investigation weeks before inauguration
- Worldwide cyber-attack "Wannacry"
- Trump Administration Upholds Iran Sanctions Waiver, Keeping Nuclear Deal Alive
- Emma Stone plays matchmaker for Taylor swift
- What the Laptop Ban Expansion Means
- WikiLeaks source Chelsea Manning freed from prison
- Arms for Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need to Know
- Amber Heard shows off form-fitting 'Aquaman' costume
- Campbell Soup's profit drops 4.8 pct
- Erdogan Supporters in Violent Clash with Protesters in Washington