Vice President Pence said Thursday that President Trump has made the Latino community "a priority" while emphasizing the contributions to the country of Hispanic Americans during an event marking Cinco de Mayo.
Thumbs up to celebrating Cinco de Mayo. "So tomorrow night at Bartaco [in Nashville], they allowed us to rent out the patio and we're going to have a Cinco de Mayo-slash-graduation party for my wife, who is getting her doctorate on Saturday", Smith revealed exclusively to Sounds Like Nashville.
The festival was "invented" in America by a group of students back in 1967. The victory occurred at the Battle of Puebla between 6,000 French troops and small, under-supplied Mexican force of 2,000 men.More news: What we currently know about the global cyberattack
When does Mexico celebrate its independence?
That holiday is celebrated on September 16th. In large part, those early holidays in the United States were a forum to celebrate the fact that a group of ragtag indigenous people were able to successfully hold back French forces.
The Cinco de Mayo parade is one of the largest in the Midwest.More news: Why Trump's combative trade stance makes US farmers nervous
Though not all Mexicans celebrate the holiday, some Latino leaders saw this as another way for Trump to slight the Latino community.
Americans like their tequila: According to the Daily Meal, the United States consumes twice as much Tequila as Mexico, where the spirit originated. After all, here's a tweet of someone who proclaimed to be a genius, smiling vacantly while hovering over fried dough filled with sour cream and various fillings while proclaiming, "I love Hispanics!"More news: Salesforce posts better-than-expected quarterly revenue (CRM)
- Nigerian University Rocked by Blasts, 1 Person Dead
- Camila Cabello makes solo debut with 'Crying in the Club'
- Robertson: Tories manifesto thwarts will of Scottish Parliament with "cruel austerity"
- Pochettino Targets Two Spurs' Wins From Remaining Fixtures, Commits To Spurs Future
- Conte says John Terry 'deserves the best' for Stamford Bridge farewell
- Paul Pierce says the Celtics should trade the No. 1 overall pick
- DeVos to reveal school choice plans Monday
- United Kingdom unemployment lowest in over 40 years
- Iran sanctions 9 American firms as countermeasure
- Netanyahu: Moving US Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem Will 'Advance' Peace