"Overwatch" is one of the most successful games in the past year and it continues to do well.
The new maps may be designed for 1v1 and 3v3 matches, which so far offer Ecopoint: Antarctica as the only playable map. To celebrate the first anniversary of the game, Blizzard Entertainment has just announced an in-game event which will kick off on Tuesday, May 23. Odds are these won't be the only skins added to the event, but they look cool as a teaser for what's to come.
Check out this video preview of the 3 new Overwatch arenas
As part of the celebration, Blizzard shared yesterday that gamers will be able to fight in three new maps.
This event will run from May 23 to June 12, and it will include some new emotes, skins, voice lines, and many more unlockables, Dual Shockers reported.More news: Palestinian hunger strikers moved to prisons with field hospitals
"We have some ideas", game director Jeff Kaplan said (via PvP Live). We felt like, for our first year, it was really important not to do that stuff.
It is now unclear if all the Overwatch characters will be getting their own dancing emotes, or if only these four characters will be getting them.More news: Trump reportedly asked Comey to consider imprisoning members of the press
However, it looks like that may change in the future, as Kaplan continued: "One thing that's really fun about Blizzard games is celebrating other Blizzard games".
Even though the company has not revealed anything yet, "Overwatch" will be having a free weekend from May 26 to 29. They are happy to announce that there will be a GOTY edition of the video game, and there will be a free weekend event. In order to enjoy the Free Weekend, players will need a PS Plus and Xbox Live membership. It highlighted the game's numerous accomplishments like its release, the "Overwatch" league, and many more. Many are now speculating that the event might be like their past game events.More news: Army Mutiny Over Pay Spreads Across Ivory Coast
- USA airplane laptop ban could be extended to Europe
- Man who ran over pedestrians was 'hearing voices'
- HUDCO makes stellar market debut, shares surge over 22%
- Kawhi Leonard will play in Game 1 vs
- US oil output back near records, challenging OPEC
- Trading Statistics of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
- Merkel: British EU immigration cap would have price
- Two frontrunners in race to succeed Enda Kenny
- President Trump, Sean Spicer are the 'stars' on a new 'SNL'
- Baahubali 2's fantabulous record-breaking run continues, grosses Rs 1500 crore