"Overwatch" is one of the most successful games in the past year and it continues to do well.
The new maps may be designed for 1v1 and 3v3 matches, which so far offer Ecopoint: Antarctica as the only playable map. To celebrate the first anniversary of the game, Blizzard Entertainment has just announced an in-game event which will kick off on Tuesday, May 23. Odds are these won't be the only skins added to the event, but they look cool as a teaser for what's to come.
Overwatch Anniversary Event: Blizzard Celebrates The Event With New Maps And Skins, Teases Fans With New Features
As part of the celebration, Blizzard shared yesterday that gamers will be able to fight in three new maps.
This event will run from May 23 to June 12, and it will include some new emotes, skins, voice lines, and many more unlockables, Dual Shockers reported.More news: US oil output back near records, challenging OPEC
"We have some ideas", game director Jeff Kaplan said (via PvP Live). We felt like, for our first year, it was really important not to do that stuff.
It is now unclear if all the Overwatch characters will be getting their own dancing emotes, or if only these four characters will be getting them.More news: Vermont senators praise special prosecutor appointment
However, it looks like that may change in the future, as Kaplan continued: "One thing that's really fun about Blizzard games is celebrating other Blizzard games".
Even though the company has not revealed anything yet, "Overwatch" will be having a free weekend from May 26 to 29. They are happy to announce that there will be a GOTY edition of the video game, and there will be a free weekend event. In order to enjoy the Free Weekend, players will need a PS Plus and Xbox Live membership. It highlighted the game's numerous accomplishments like its release, the "Overwatch" league, and many more. Many are now speculating that the event might be like their past game events.More news: Foot Locker, Inc. Q1 Earnings Miss The Mark, As Margins Fall
- USA airplane laptop ban could be extended to Europe
- Warriors throttle Spurs to take 2-0 series lead
- Two frontrunners in race to succeed Enda Kenny
- Nigeria's Inflation Declines For Third Consecutive Month
- Cannes Film Festival 2017: Deepika Padukone dazzles on Day 2
- Trump Is 'Very Close' To Naming A New FBI Director
- World Leaders React To Emmanuel Macron's Victory
- Trump reportedly asked Comey to consider imprisoning members of the press
- HUDCO makes stellar market debut, shares surge over 22%
- Saudi Arabia 'Strongly Supports' Trump Policy on PA Peace, Iran Deterrence, ISIS