"Overwatch" is one of the most successful games in the past year and it continues to do well.
The new maps may be designed for 1v1 and 3v3 matches, which so far offer Ecopoint: Antarctica as the only playable map. To celebrate the first anniversary of the game, Blizzard Entertainment has just announced an in-game event which will kick off on Tuesday, May 23. Odds are these won't be the only skins added to the event, but they look cool as a teaser for what's to come.
Check out this video preview of the 3 new Overwatch arenas
As part of the celebration, Blizzard shared yesterday that gamers will be able to fight in three new maps.
This event will run from May 23 to June 12, and it will include some new emotes, skins, voice lines, and many more unlockables, Dual Shockers reported.More news: Cannes Film Festival 2017: Deepika Padukone dazzles on Day 2
"We have some ideas", game director Jeff Kaplan said (via PvP Live). We felt like, for our first year, it was really important not to do that stuff.
It is now unclear if all the Overwatch characters will be getting their own dancing emotes, or if only these four characters will be getting them.More news: World Leaders React To Emmanuel Macron's Victory
However, it looks like that may change in the future, as Kaplan continued: "One thing that's really fun about Blizzard games is celebrating other Blizzard games".
Even though the company has not revealed anything yet, "Overwatch" will be having a free weekend from May 26 to 29. They are happy to announce that there will be a GOTY edition of the video game, and there will be a free weekend event. In order to enjoy the Free Weekend, players will need a PS Plus and Xbox Live membership. It highlighted the game's numerous accomplishments like its release, the "Overwatch" league, and many more. Many are now speculating that the event might be like their past game events.More news: Average US 30-year mortgage rate slips to 4.02 percent
- Army Mutiny Over Pay Spreads Across Ivory Coast
- Two frontrunners in race to succeed Enda Kenny
- Palestinian hunger strikers moved to prisons with field hospitals
- Roger Ailes, Former CEO Of Fox News Dies At 77
- Foot Locker, Inc. Q1 Earnings Miss The Mark, As Margins Fall
- Warriors throttle Spurs to take 2-0 series lead
- Severe Storms Including Tornadoes Possible Thursday
- Nigeria's Inflation Declines For Third Consecutive Month
- US oil output back near records, challenging OPEC
- Kawhi Leonard will play in Game 1 vs