Bundesliga since 2007. She's also officiated a number of high-profile women's matches, including the 2011 Women's World Cup final between Japan and the United States and will be the head official at the Women's Champions League final on June 1.
"For every referee, male or female, it is the goal to officiate in the Bundesliga", said Steinhaus, who is being promoted with three male colleagues, in a statement.
The 38-year-old, a police officer from Hanover, will take charge of games in the German top flight from next season.More news: Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS) Q4 2016 Sentiment Report
German Football Federation president Reinhard Grindel added: "I would like to thank the referees' committee for their decision that consistent work and consistently good performance in the field of referees will be rewarded, irrespective of gender".
"It was always a dream to reach the Bundesliga, and of course it feels fantastic that this dream has come true".
"It is on the one hand confirmation for the hard work I've done to get here, on the other hand also great incentive to continue to work".More news: Hackers Just Stole $66000 in Bitcoin. Now What?
"Speaking to the DFB's official website, Steinhaus said: "[Referees chief] Lutz Michael Frohlich and his team are in constant exchange with us referees.
"I'm really looking forward to the task that awaits me".More news: Kim Jong-un Claims New Missile Can Reach Mainland US
- 1 firefighter killed, 2 seriously hurt in San Antonio fire
- Commission set up to probe USA voter fraud
- Analyst's Indicator Review for Parsley Energy, Inc. (PE), Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR)
- United States strikes pro-Assad regime convoy near Syria's al-Tanf
- Duggar sisters file privacy suit against city, magazine
- Yaya Toure still waiting for Man City contract amid ´very interesting´ offers
- Ford job cuts won't affect Louisville plants
- Watford lack ambition and winning mentality - Mazzarri
- Sen. Burr says Flynn hasn't responded to subpoena
- Nashville Predators G Pekka Rinne is Stealing the Show