Microsoft and Google have been very public with their projects, while there are rumors that Apple is secretly working on both AR and VR too.
Yesterday, we learned that the Asus ZenFone AR would be released sometime this summer - quite many months after the phone's official announcement.
For those who are not aware, Tango is a technology platform developed and authored by Google that uses computer vision to enable mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, to detect their position relative to the world around them without using Global Positioning System, while Daydream is Google's take on the high-quality mobile VR experience.More news: Donald Trump told Michael Flynn to "stay strong" amid growing scandal
The company also says, "For VR, the large, high-resolution and high-contrast display of the ZenFone AR makes it ideal for VR applications when used as a VR display mounted in the Daydream View headset". With this platform, Google aims to offer a platform to developers to create a wide variety of augmented reality experiences that range from indoor navigation, indoor mapping and environmental recognition.
Tango adds three abilities to the ZenFone AR: motion tracking, depth perception and area learning.
Qualcomm Adreno™ 530 GPU: With 6GB of RAM and the desktop-class Qualcomm Adreno™ 530 graphics processing unit (GPU) that delivers supercharged graphics performance, the ZenFone AR handles the visual graphic demands of Tango and Daydream easily.More news: Pilot walks away after vintage plane crashes into tree
Photographic Maestro: TheZenFone AR is also an accomplished camera smartphone. The rear camera supports 4-axis OIS (optical image stabilisation) as well as 3-axis EIS (electronic image stabilisation) for video recording alongside support for 4K video recording.
While we know that it will be exclusive to Verizon, exactly when it goes on sale is a bit of a mystery. No pricing has been revealed just yet.More news: Putin congratulates new French president in call
- Coalition: Capture of IS-held town undermines militant group
- Chris Cornell's final performance: Watch him walk offstage for the last time
- Ayatollah Ali Khamenei: Election rhetoric 'unworthy'
- Unrelenting rain worsens flood crisis in saturated Central Canada
- Apparel groups urge caution on NAFTA renegotiation
- Wannacry crisis: hits over 40000 Indian computers
- Justin Bieber In Mumbai: Guess How Much He Makes In A Year
- Brooklyn officials express confidence in choice of Mueller to investigate Trump
- Two Hoosiers honored during National Peace Officers Memorial Service
- Southampton 0 Manchester United 0: Stand-in Romero shines in De Gea's absence