Arsene Wenger has been on the losing side eight times in 26 games as Arsenal manager against Mark Hughes (all competitions) - the only manager he's lost against more with the Gunners is Sir Alex Ferguson (22).
Pickford has been a rare bright note in a desperately poor season for the relegated Black Cats and reports have suggested that Arsenal have been keeping tabs on his situation.
The duo are approaching the final 12 months of their contracts and there is speculation they could move on at the end of this season.
"It all left me feeling that I would never get a chance in any capacity while Arsene was there. The only chance we have to be in the top four is to win our games".More news: Trump interviews 4 candidates to post of FBI director
Wenger's approval ratings are at an all-time low with Arsenal's disenchanted supporters and it will be fascinating to see if he decides to stay if the top four proves beyond reach.
The England global saved 11 of the Gunners' 13 shots on target at the Emirates Stadium, with Wenger's side frustrated until the 70-minute mark when Alexis Sanchez opened the scoring.
The game against Sunderland was his 25th Premier League appearances for Arsenal and he has scored three goals in the process.
"I don't know (what will happen in the meeting)", Wenger told a news conference on Friday.More news: Chico's FAS Inc. (CHS) dipped -5.34% in the last trading session
Wenger is out of contract at the end of this season and has persistently batted away enquiries over his future.
They had the best of the first half, with Hector Bellerin striking the outside of the post from one of a succession of home attacks. "We had the mentality to win at all costs and we won and we won well".
"I have been asked if there is a board meeting before the cup final and I said "after".
The German is often accused of being lazy and anonymous when it really counts for his club, but in Tuesday night's 2-0 victory over Sunderland, Ozil showed people his quality, assisting Alexis Sanchez's opener and performing superbly throughout. "At the moment I think we should focus on short term and what's going on on Sunday and in the cup final".More news: Congressman Calls For Trump's Impeachment During House Floor Speech
"We play because we want to win and we enjoy playing football". After all, the champions have been already crowned and the three relegated sides are already down.
- Trump lashes out over special counsel appointment
- Qualcomm working on tech that charges Electronic vehicles on the move
- Beware, WannaCry cyber attack may just be the beginning
- Portugal jubilant after singer's Eurovision victory
- Trump Sanctions Iran over Missiles, Continues Sanctions Relief over Nukes
- Korean officials meet in attempt to repair ties
- Palestinians Drop All Preconditions For Peace Talks With Israel
- Turkey calls for ouster of United States envoy for anti-IS coalition
- US Summons Turkey Envoy Over DC Clashes During Erdogan Visit
- Ruby Rose Slams Katy Perry's Music: 'Sloppy Mess of Writing'