About fifteen people have been rescued from a collapsed three-storey building in Lagos today, Thursday.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com calls on our readers to submit their eye witness account if they are close to the location of the incident.
"19 of the workers including an engineer working on the building were rescued alive and had all been taken to Isolo General Hospital for appropriate medical treatment".More news: Microsoft begins showing off new features for Windows 10 Creators Update 2
He confirmed that a small church which was close to the collapsed building was not affected, but the building had to be pulled down, to enable the rescue operators to have access to the affected building.
The Lagos State Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS) is treating some of the victims, while others have been taken to the hospital.
"Initially, emergency workers were able to rescue 13 persons alive and unascertained number of persons are still trapped underneath the rubble".More news: Trump threatens fired Federal Bureau of Investigation director with mention of "tapes"
It was gathered that rescue work was put on hold till Friday morning.
General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Adesina Tiamiyu confirmed that three dead bodies had so far been evacuated from the building.
Spokesperson, National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Ibrahim Farinloye said that the rescue operation was nearly getting to ground zero.More news: World Leaders React To Emmanuel Macron's Victory
- Erdogan: Turkey will not take part in Raqqa offensive
- Dry weather boosts planting, crop emergence
- NYC- Car crashes into Times Square pedestrians
- Pushing pedals on the way to work for Bike to Work Day
- Botulism strikes 5 who ate gas station nachos
- Steve Harvey's Ex-Wife Sues Him For $60 Million
- Trump reportedly asked Comey to consider imprisoning members of the press
- Nigeria's Inflation Declines For Third Consecutive Month
- Britain to arrest criminal behind NHS cyber attack: Home Secretary
- Zac Efron has soft lips, says 'Baywatch' co-star Dwayne Johnson