About fifteen people have been rescued from a collapsed three-storey building in Lagos today, Thursday.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com calls on our readers to submit their eye witness account if they are close to the location of the incident.
"19 of the workers including an engineer working on the building were rescued alive and had all been taken to Isolo General Hospital for appropriate medical treatment".More news: USA decries Washington, DC, brawl during Erdogan's visit
He confirmed that a small church which was close to the collapsed building was not affected, but the building had to be pulled down, to enable the rescue operators to have access to the affected building.
The Lagos State Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS) is treating some of the victims, while others have been taken to the hospital.
"Initially, emergency workers were able to rescue 13 persons alive and unascertained number of persons are still trapped underneath the rubble".More news: Pemberton Music Festival has been canceled
It was gathered that rescue work was put on hold till Friday morning.
General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Adesina Tiamiyu confirmed that three dead bodies had so far been evacuated from the building.
Spokesperson, National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Ibrahim Farinloye said that the rescue operation was nearly getting to ground zero.More news: WannaCry ransomware cyber-attack is a 'wake-up call', says Microsoft
- NYC- Car crashes into Times Square pedestrians
- Zac Efron has soft lips, says 'Baywatch' co-star Dwayne Johnson
- US Renegotiation Of NAFTA To Include IP Rights, Digital Trade
- World Leaders React To Emmanuel Macron's Victory
- Trump reportedly asked Comey to consider imprisoning members of the press
- USA airplane laptop ban could be extended to Europe
- England v South Africa: AB de Villiers says hosts have 'earned respect'
- Trump threatens fired Federal Bureau of Investigation director with mention of "tapes"
- Erdogan: Turkey will not take part in Raqqa offensive
- Next Moto X Won't Be Coming With MotoMod?