The race finishes in Pasadena on May 20.
Under clear skies, cyclist fans all ages were heard cheering for the riders in the men's race at Santa Barbara's Stage 4 starting line on Cabrillo Boulevard between Garden and Calle Cesar Chavez streets. Riders will cycle through neighboring Montecito and Carpinteria, up two short steep KOMs to Lake Casitas and into Ojai.
This year marks the first time the Tour of California has been staged as part of the World Tour, a designation that organizers hope will draw more top names in the sport from Europe.More news: Putin offers transcript of Trump meeting with Lavrov
World champion Peter Sagan moved through the peloton and outsprinted Rick Zabel and Simone Consonni on the uphill finish to win the third stage of the Tour of California on Tuesday.
Daniel Jaramillo took the King of the Mountain jersey for the race's fastest climber during the 89.8-mile second stage, which included 9,276 feet of elevation gain and a grueling climb up Mt. Hamilton. "His health is the most important thing to all of us".
The five leaders crossed the line 13 seconds ahead of the peloton which was led in by yesterday's stage victor, Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe).More news: Google Lens is a powerful, AI-driven visual search app
Cyclists in Amgen Tour of California. "Santa Barbara is a gorgeous place, and it is a handsome setting for the start".
Just like Sunday, Wolfe made a break from the breakaway.
The Big Bear Lake Time Trial is known as an global, Tour de France-style bicycle road race featuring elite professional cycling teams from around the world.More news: Senators vs. Penguins live stream, Game 2
"I did this race two years ago and it was pouring the whole time and I remember it coming down to a field sprint".
- "WannaCry" ransomware attack losses could reach $4 billion
- Sally Yates: 'Russians had real leverage' on former Trump adviser Mike Flynn
- Google rolling out arsenal of services, gadgets
- Chris Woakes ready to utilise IPL 2017 experience at Champions Trophy
- Spurs' Tony Parker out for season after leg injury
- Fat but fit: Experts debunk obesity myth
- Results a sign voters want parties 'to work together,' Clark says
- Govt notifies rules to resolve $150-bn bad loan mess
- Achieving Mideast Peace 'Maybe Not As Difficult As People Have Thought'
- Astros earn split with Yanks on Derek Jeter night