The race finishes in Pasadena on May 20.
Under clear skies, cyclist fans all ages were heard cheering for the riders in the men's race at Santa Barbara's Stage 4 starting line on Cabrillo Boulevard between Garden and Calle Cesar Chavez streets. Riders will cycle through neighboring Montecito and Carpinteria, up two short steep KOMs to Lake Casitas and into Ojai.
This year marks the first time the Tour of California has been staged as part of the World Tour, a designation that organizers hope will draw more top names in the sport from Europe.More news: Govt notifies rules to resolve $150-bn bad loan mess
World champion Peter Sagan moved through the peloton and outsprinted Rick Zabel and Simone Consonni on the uphill finish to win the third stage of the Tour of California on Tuesday.
Daniel Jaramillo took the King of the Mountain jersey for the race's fastest climber during the 89.8-mile second stage, which included 9,276 feet of elevation gain and a grueling climb up Mt. Hamilton. "His health is the most important thing to all of us".
The five leaders crossed the line 13 seconds ahead of the peloton which was led in by yesterday's stage victor, Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe).More news: Senators vs. Penguins live stream, Game 2
Cyclists in Amgen Tour of California. "Santa Barbara is a gorgeous place, and it is a handsome setting for the start".
Just like Sunday, Wolfe made a break from the breakaway.
The Big Bear Lake Time Trial is known as an global, Tour de France-style bicycle road race featuring elite professional cycling teams from around the world.More news: Google Lens is a powerful, AI-driven visual search app
"I did this race two years ago and it was pouring the whole time and I remember it coming down to a field sprint".
- Moon to send special envoys on THAAD, DPRK to China
- "WannaCry" ransomware attack losses could reach $4 billion
- US Senator Mazie Hirono recovering after kidney surgery
- Nadal top Goffin to reach semis — Madrid Open
- Sally Yates: 'Russians had real leverage' on former Trump adviser Mike Flynn
- Results a sign voters want parties 'to work together,' Clark says
- Portugal's Salvador Sobral wins 2017 Eurovision Song Contest
- New 'Star Trek: Discovery' series launches first trailer
- Piece of broken bat gets stuck in Wrigley Field netting
- Astros earn split with Yanks on Derek Jeter night