He joins a cast that already includes Matthew Broderick as Federal Emergency Management Agency director Michael D. Brown and Annette Bening as Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco.
Leave your thoughts on Golden Globe-nominated Far from Heaven actor Dennis Quaid being cast as former president George W. Bush in the next season of FX's anthology series American Crime Story in the comments section below.More news: Bill Cosby, in first interview in 2 years, says he won't testify
The series' "Katrina" season will focus on the political and human fallout from 2005's Hurricane Katrina, which saw New Orleans inundated with water following the failure of the federal levee system. The 43rd President was criticized for his handling of the tragedy. Executives are now looking to cast the parts of Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice and New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin.
The majority of American Crime Story news of late has been relating to the third season which focuses on the assassination of fashion icon Gianni Versace.More news: NaviBand take 17th place at Eurovision 2017
Will you be tuning into "Katrina: American Crime Story"? "Brownie", as President George W. Bush dubbed him, was handed the FEMA reins despite lacking any qualifications for the job and was perceived as being in over his head.
Bush's role in the drama should be particularly interesting, because Murphy has revealed that the "crime" element of this story will come out of the USA government's failures in responding to the natural disaster. Frequent Ryan Murphy collaborator Sarah Paulson will also be in the series but her role has yet to be revealed.More news: Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke Going to U.S. Homeland Security
- Deadly tornadoes leave people trapped, unaccounted for
- Real Madrid's Benzema dropped again from France national squad
- NHS works to curtail cyber attack damage
- Statue of Confederate President Jefferson Davis comes down in New Orleans
- MoU Signed With GoP - Alibaba Group Officially Steps in The Pakistani Market
- GOP governors Baker, Scott urge US to commit to climate deal
- Automatic Notifications from Amazon's Alexa Coming Soon
- Microsoft Expands Azure Global Footprint with Two New Datacenters Planned for Africa
- Google Inc.'s Android system installed on 2 billion active devices
- Ford to cut North America, Asia salaried workers by 10 pct