He joins a cast that already includes Matthew Broderick as Federal Emergency Management Agency director Michael D. Brown and Annette Bening as Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco.
Leave your thoughts on Golden Globe-nominated Far from Heaven actor Dennis Quaid being cast as former president George W. Bush in the next season of FX's anthology series American Crime Story in the comments section below.More news: Jamie Carragher makes a prediction on Dele Alli
The series' "Katrina" season will focus on the political and human fallout from 2005's Hurricane Katrina, which saw New Orleans inundated with water following the failure of the federal levee system. The 43rd President was criticized for his handling of the tragedy. Executives are now looking to cast the parts of Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice and New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin.
The majority of American Crime Story news of late has been relating to the third season which focuses on the assassination of fashion icon Gianni Versace.More news: Bill Cosby, in first interview in 2 years, says he won't testify
Will you be tuning into "Katrina: American Crime Story"? "Brownie", as President George W. Bush dubbed him, was handed the FEMA reins despite lacking any qualifications for the job and was perceived as being in over his head.
Bush's role in the drama should be particularly interesting, because Murphy has revealed that the "crime" element of this story will come out of the USA government's failures in responding to the natural disaster. Frequent Ryan Murphy collaborator Sarah Paulson will also be in the series but her role has yet to be revealed.More news: MoU Signed With GoP - Alibaba Group Officially Steps in The Pakistani Market
- Investor Focus: Watching the Signals for Vipshop Holdings Ltd (VIPS)
- Trump, GOP control Federal Bureau of Investigation chief pick despite Democrats' calls
- Real Madrid's Benzema dropped again from France national squad
- New Orleans removes statue of Confederate leader Jefferson Davis
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke Going to U.S. Homeland Security
- Congressman Calls For Trump's Impeachment On House Floor
- GOP governors Baker, Scott urge US to commit to climate deal
- Deadly tornadoes leave people trapped, unaccounted for
- Google Inc.'s Android system installed on 2 billion active devices
- Cummings accuses GOP of stalling Trump probe