Nearest challengers, Spurs, who played their last ever game at White Hart Lane, by beating Manchester United 2-0, lost to West Ham last week, and knew it was in Chelsea's hands.
Terry made a rare start against the Hornets at Stamford Bridge as Conte chose to ring the changes after watching his side clinch the Premier League title with victory over West Bromwich Albion late last week.
"But I am delighted with the experiences and the opportunities I have had".
"I'm going out with the club crowned champions and in great hands with the manager, plus the players we have here as well".More news: Swedish football league cancels game over match fixing fears
"I was sitting there wishing that the boys kept winning and performing well because for me I have had that time".
Shanghai Shenhua boss and former Chelsea team-mate Gustavo Poyet suggested on Monday that no Chinese Super League clubs are interested in the 36-year-old anymore due to the new rule limiting them to fielding just three foreign players at one time.
Attention will then turn to the May 27 FA Cup final with Arsenal, when a Chelsea win would secure the double in Antonio Conte's first season as head coach.
"I never wanted to hang about and stop the progress of a younger player - that was the basis of my decision". "When a manager loses a game like this they say he's unlucky", the Italian told the club's official website. He must think to give me a bit of chocolate cake to share.More news: Trump did not pass secrets to Russia - Putin
Proof of his commitment to the work doesn't get much better than coming in on the team's day off, barely 12 hours after scoring his first Premier League goal since August, and putting in the extra reps with an "unscheduled gym session" at the training ground.
It was his Premier League start since September and he kicked of the title-winning party in style.
"At this moment I have 13 or 14 players and they deserve to play the FA Cup, and many players in good form".
At the heart of the action was attacking midfielder Willian, who has been forced to endure a reduced role in Chelsea's title bid since Antonio Conte brought in his 3-4-3 system.More news: Hamilton Clinches The Spanish Grand Prix
- Two GOP Congressmen Suggest Trump May Have Committed Impeachable Offense
- After WannaCry, the Shadow Brokers promise to unleash more NSA exploits soon
- 54% of Americans Think President Trump Firing James Comey Was Inappropriate
- Ayew's miss against Liverpool sums up West Ham's season
- French president's Cabinet mixes old and new, left and right
- Philippines declines aid from European Union to assert independence
- Melissa McCarthy seen on Spicer's motorized podium in an NYC street
- Oops! Bella Hadid suffers wardrobe malfunction at Cannes
- Huddersfield Town into play-off final after penalty shootout win
- Liam Payne hints he's married Cheryl as she keeps mum