Chuck Grassley and ranking Democratic member Sen.
Chairman Richard Burr, a North Carolina Republican, and Vice Chairman Mark Warner, a Democrat from Virginia, said they have asked Comey to testify before the panel in both open and closed sessions.
To view the full article, register now.
On Tuesday, the House intelligence committee also formally requested similar documents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.More news: Djokovic could have new coach before French Open
Graham said: "I think the legislative process is pretty much ground to a halt until you get the Comey episode dealt with". And if he did, in fact, ask Comey for his loyalty and to ease up on the investigations, the calls for impeachment will be swift, and he'll only have brought it on himself.
The memos and testimony could prove explosive, given reports that Trump asked Comey to quash an investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn shortly after Flynn was forced to resign. Dianne Feinstein of California sent the letter to the Justice Department and the White House on Wednesday.
The Judiciary committee has requested memos and other documents.
The frantic activity in Congress showed signs that more Republicans were starting to show serious concern about Trump's actions following the Comey memo bombshell.More news: NetherRealm Studios delivers the Launch Trailer for Injustice 2
Republicans, meanwhile, have continued asking questions about the FBI's investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server a year ago.
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) speaks to reporters about recent revelations of President Trump sharing classified information with Russian officials Tuesday on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo.
"No one is above the law and that includes the President", he declared.More news: Knicks to select eighth in the NBA draft
- At Liberty, Trump Calls Critics 'Pathetic,' Praises Putting 'Faith Into Action'
- Robert De Niro returns to top form in HBO's 'Wizard of Lies'
- The romper for men is here
- Ransomware cyber-attacks slow but fears remain
- Comey on Trump Tapes: I Hope They Exist. That Would Be Perfect
- Chinese state media says US should take some blame for cyber attack
- Adam Lallana: Liverpool showed they can handle the pressure at West Ham
- Real players 'not talking about winning title'
- US households owe record amount, topping pre-recession peak
- Experience sees Real through Atletico cauldron and into final