The Belgian midfielder came on as a late substitute against Arsenal, with Spurs already being 2-0 up at that time, courtesy of goals from Dele Alli and Harry Kane.
Arsenal next match is at home to Manchester United, who are fifth and are five points ahead of Arsene Wenger's side, this weekend.
Kane scored the second goal in Sunday's historic 2-0 home win over Arsenal, winning a penalty before converting it himself, and he is now Spurs' leading scorer against the Gunners in the Premier League, with six goals.More news: Surface Laptop release date and pre-order details prepare for June
"We have reduced the gap to Chelsea again".
Tottenham will return to action on Friday evening when they take on West Ham United at the London Stadium in the league.
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino praised his team's maturity after keeping the English Premier League soccer title race open with their win over Arsenal.More news: Kevin Durant will determine the end result for the Warriors
"You could see we were affected by that and Spurs looked more risky than before". They won something with it, and we thought "hang on, the power is shifting".
"We played fast, we pressed them, we made it hard for them and we created chances". "It's good to play first and try to put that pressure on them".
Then there's Leicester City, pushing for a top-half finish and hugely impressive in front of their own fans, and Hull City, engulfed in a relegation scrap and likely needing a result on the final day.More news: Experts try to figure out who's behind global cyberattack
He said: "Angry and disappointed because obviously this is not a game we wanted to lose and this is a very big disappointment for us". "That is just us getting better and having a better season than last". We needed three points and in the end we have none'. We've got a great squad, a real togetherness, and we're going in the right direction, so we've got to make sure we continue that and don't get carried away - even this season, don't get carried away.
- Tottenham hand over keys of White Hart Lane
- NHS braced for possible repeat of cyber attack chaos on Monday
- What time is it? Who has qualified? Who can England face?
- Backed Syrian forces say Raqqa assault could start in June
- Both MO Senators critical of Trump's "shutdown" demand, but to differing degrees
- Know All About How Mother's Day Was Founded
- West Virginia reporter Daniel Heyman jailed after questioning Health Secretary Tom Price
- Emma Watson's MTV Awards Speech On Gender-Neutral Acting Awards Was Iconic
- Portugal win first ever Eurovision Song Contest
- N. Korea Belatedly Covers Election of Pres. Moon Jae