"There will be six cars (in F1) that will be unbeatable for the next few races".
McLaren driver Fernando Alonso of Spain, left, pauses next to Carlos Sainz of Spain and Scuderia Toro Rosso during a press conference at the Barcelona Catalunya racetrack in Montmelo, just outside Barcelona, Spain, Thursday, May 11, 2017.
However, Silver Arrows boss Toto Wolff clarified on Saturday night that the world champions wouldn't be interested in supplying McLaren with engines next year.
The drip turned into a gushing pour of yellowish liquid when a crane lifted the McLaren away from the track.More news: Pga: Kim youngest winner of Players Championship
"The start will be an opportunity to keep the position at least", Alonso, whose McLaren team-mate Stoffel Vandoorne qualified only 19th of the 20 runners here, said.
"What can you do?"
"As he said, he's going to wait until after the summer break, which is what we've agreed". I'm sorry for the fans. "Keeping the body active", he wrote. Both times were faster than Hamilton's quickest lap from Friday. "But not only to race but also to win".
Abiteboul said: "Being at Indy instead of Monaco proves that he wants to see what's outside of F1 and find the answer if he still loves F1". "We executed qualifying well and I felt confident in the vehicle". But that is what Fridays are for.More news: Australia receptive to China's Silk Road, but national interest first
Later passed by Marcus Ericsson's Sauber, Alonso made an additional stop for fresh soft tyres and then charged from 15th to 12th in the closing laps, but felt the race's events proved he had been in for a tough afternoon regardless of the start clash.
"I hope that the fact that we have been hit by pips since Friday will allow us to have a good race weekend", he said.
With Sauber scoring points, courtesy of eighth for Pascal Wehrlein, McLaren is the only team yet to register a top 10 finish this season.
"In 14 hours I will be in the auto again so we need to switch on the style for the next two weeks with full concentration [in Indy]", Alonso said. There are six cars - two Mercedes, two Ferraris, two Red Bulls - that will be unbeatable for the next couple of races, so to fight for P7 in Monaco? Rumor has it that he could return to Renault, with which he won his two world championships over a decade ago, or that he could take Kimi Raikkonen's place alongside Sebastian Vettel back at Ferrari again. "It was tricky for us", Hamilton said. "We've been underperforming in the first four races. I don't know the reason why the oil leaked, but that is the reason why it blew".More news: NHS braced for possible repeat of cyber attack chaos on Monday
- Cyber attack hit 200000 victims across 150 countries, says Europol chief
- Mariners RHP Weber leaves season debut with apparent injury
- Voters split on whether Comey firing was right
- Mother's Day Ups and Downs
- Box Office Report: 'Guardians' Smash, 'Fate' Hits A Milestone
- Know All About How Mother's Day Was Founded
- Experts try to figure out who's behind global cyberattack
- Pentagon chief: USA studying Moscow's Syria safe zone plan
- Kevin Durant will determine the end result for the Warriors
- Melissa McCarthy adds spice (and Spicer) as host of 'SNL'