While Rangers' hopes of finishing second are all but gone, their old rivals need to negotiate their final four league games and the Scottish Cup final against Aberdeen to complete a loss-free league season and an historic treble.
One home fan was caught by Sky Sports' cameras appearing to make a monkey gesture in the direction of Celtic forward Scott Sinclair.
The best they have managed was a 1-1 draw in the east end of Glasgow courtesy of an equaliser from veteran defender Clint Hill three minutes from time.
Kenny Miller pulled one back late on before Mikel Lustig made it 5-1 to equal their biggest ever win at Ibrox, a 4-0 win back in 1897.
In terms of the possibility of this, Pedro Caixinha and his side face an almighty challenge. "We played brilliant today".More news: OPEC sees much higher oil supply from rivals in 2017
"The man responsible is me - the players did everything they worked on, they were ready to do it".
"Next season will be tough because every season (the manager) always looks to strengthen".
Furthermore, looking at the recent matches between the two sides, Celtic have been dominant, winning 4 and drawing 1 in the 5 matches that the two sides have played since September past year.
"The goals we lost were poor, as were the decisions which led to them".
Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: "I said when I came in my job was to build a team who could go into any stadium without fear and play".More news: Sister of accused killer in Arkansas says he's mentally ill
"I said to him yesterday that I was going to put 5-1 on cause of it", said Clare Clark.
'Rangers were a far better team earlier in the season.
"Rangers started off with a diamond and if you're not concentrated, not organised, you can get outnumbered and outpassed".
Ex-Ibrox midfielder Alex Rae, who was interviewed for the assistant coach position before Rangers opted for Jonatan Johansson, believes Mark Warburton and former chief scout Frank McParland have left Caixinha with a squad lacking the strength and ability to succeed.More news: McGovern: Ex-AG Gonzales says firing could backfire on president
- Former AG Yates tells Senate she warned of Flynn vulnerability
- Obama Foundation Unveils TWBTA-Designed Obama Presidential Center
- Moon urges both talks and sanctions to rein in N Korea
- Penguins might fly? Linux is coming to the Windows Store
- Android gets patches for critical flaws in media handling, hardware drivers
- Texas Votes To Bar Trans Athletes From High School Sports
- DR Congo: Ebola outbreak confirmed
- Halep, Mladenovic to contest Madrid final
- Scholar: Options remain after order to charge train engineer
- Inside Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart's legendary friendship - a complete history