The internet may have kicked off the week congratulating Emma Watson on her groundbreaking win of MTV's first gender-neutral "Best Actor" award, but Piers Morgan wasn't having any of it.
Emma Watson won the first gender-neutral acting prize in awards-show history.More news: Former Bush advisor Fagen says Comey's firing 'stinks to high heaven'
The first award presenter was Asia Kate Dillon, the first gender non-binary character on television.
A non-binary person is someone who does not identify as being of either gender, preferring the use of personal pronouns them, their and they. Host Adam DeVine took the role of the Beast, and his co-star Hailee Steinfeld volunteered to play Belle, revealing that she was wearing just the outfit to do it - a "coincidence", of course. "And that doesn't need to be separated into two, different categories". Watson said that her beloved character Belle is an important figure for women to look up to.
On the other hand, The Daily Show's Trevor Noah won the Best Host award.More news: BMW 5 Series likely to be launched in India at June-end
Next, the Best Kiss Award was given to the only gay kissing couple nominated. There were also some new categories like Trending, Best American Story, and Next Generation. Emma said, "This is very meaningful to me, both to be winning this award and to be given it to me by you, Asia". Your emotion was one of the best parts of the show! "We wouldn't be here without you guys, so we might not say it enough, we love you and thank you everyone who voted".
Even one of the night's biggest awards did not escape a bit of mischief-making. And we couldn't be happier for Emma and the cast and crew of Beauty and the Beast.
Amy Schumer, left, and Goldie Hawn harkened to the Oscars best-picture fiasco as they presented the MTV award for movie of the year.More news: UK's Labour Party stung by early leak of election platform
- 'Complacent, Self-Absorbed and Clueless' - Critics Pan New Amy Schumer Film
- Celtics run all over Wizards in Game 5
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Cameraman's foot run over by Corbyn auto
- HSE issue public health statement following gorse fires in Donegal
- Projections show Macron elected French President
- Democrats want answers after Trump gives Comey the ax
- West Bromwich Albion issue ticket warning to fans ahead of Chelsea match
- Despite landslide victory, Macron has his work cut out for him
- Trump, top Russia envoy to meet at White House