While the Samajwadi Party's five-year term under former Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was marked by several incidents of high handedness and lawlessness by politicians and their relatives, police officers say they are now under strict orders from new Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath to spare no one who breaks the law. Rajshree, widow of Mukesh Rathod, said martyrs belonged to India, not its states.
However, Yadav's remark did not go down well with Twitterati who lashed out at him for insulting soldiers.
Akhilesh's view on this statement is not clarified but, it seems to be the disputed speech as soldiers truly represent the nation and not to the state.More news: France's election reveals a new political divide
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Congress earlier on Wednesday reminded Akhilesh Yadav that soldiers belong to nation and not to states.
"UP, Madhya Pradesh, Dakshin Bharat har jagahse shaheed huyehain, Gujarat ka koi jawan shaheed hua ho tohbatao (Soldiers from UP, Madhya Pradesh, South India and other parts of the country have sacrificed their lives, but tell me whether anyone has been martyred from Gujarat)", he said.
Without naming BJP, Yadav said, "They play politics in the name of martyrs, Vande Mataram, and nationalism".More news: China's first giant passenger jet is slated for maiden test flight
Last month Mahendra Yadav, a legislator of the ruling party BJP, was caught on camera assaulting staff at a tool booth because his cavalcade was not allowed to pass through without paying toll.
"It is wrong to play politics over the martyrdom of our courageous soldiers".
"Baba Ramdev said, "No political leader should make such comments about any state and its culture".More news: Rate of fentanyl-related opioid deaths continues to rise
"This is the land of Sardar Patel, who united this country, which was once divided into around 560 princely states".
- Acting FBI Chief Contradicts White House on James Comey Firing
- Emma Watson wins the very first gender-neutral acting award
- Comey Firing Has No Impact on Russia Probe — Acting FBI Chief
- Experience the difference between Juventus and Monaco
- MannKind Corporation (MNKD) Reviewed By Analysts
- Eight dead after natural disaster in western China
- White House says Trump did not prompt DOJ review of Comey
- Finally, 'talaaq' between Arbaaz Khan, Malaika Arora
- Trump delays decision on withdrawing from Paris climate accord
- Oil price tumbles on fears of oversupply