On Tuesday Sport state Liverpool will be demanding €90m, and above, for a transfer to happen this summer.
Liverpool tied Coutinho down to a new five-year contract in January and had rebuffed a €30 million approach from Paris Saint-Germain last summer.More news: Syria rejects international forces in safe zones
Barcelona have seemingly been linked with Philippe Coutinho on a regular basis for the past few years.
And yet, there has never been any real reason to suggest that Coutinho might actually have ideas of packing his bags and leaving Merseyside for, let's say, Barcelona.
Sport has been reporting in recent weeks that the Catalans officials are ready to fulfil the wishes of Neymar to bring the former Espanyol star back to La Liga ahead of the 2017-2018 campaign.More news: Jobs Growth Accelerates in April, 211000 New Jobs Added
Spanish publication Sport claims that the Brazilian playmaker has "said yes" to a move to the Catalan club this summer.
However, Sport adds that the deal won't be as straightforward as Jurgen Klopp's side have slapped a staggering €90m asking price on his head to begin the negotiations.
And the match proved to be as competitive as any Premier League fixture, with Wijnaldum having to fend off a swarm of youngsters with just ball control at one point, while Coutinho also appears in a defensive capacity, clearing off his own line.More news: White House was warned that sacked Michael Flynn was a blackmail risk
They explained the him why they want to sign him and what role he would play.
- Army Rangers Kill Afghan ISIS Head, 35 Fighters
- Golovkin and Alvarez has agreed to fight
- Jakarta governor given 2-year prison sentence for blasphemy
- Wall Street pares gains as energy shares slip
- Freedom caucus member launches bid for Idaho governor
- Chaos in Macedonian parliament as protesters storm building (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
- Antonio Conte: 'I had to applaud travelling Middlesbrough fans'
- Snapchat's latest update aims to reduce frustration, adds new features
- Tillerson calls for balancing USA security interests, values
- 23-year-old suspect in 2016 Arizona serial killings arrested