May 4 is an unofficial holiday on which fans of George Lucas' far, far away universe celebrate Star Wars.
Filmmakers invited die-hard Star Wars fans to replay some of their favourite moments from the films, including the iconic scene where Darth Vader was revealed as Luke's father, when, out of nowhere, Hamill snuck in to join them.
From Lucasfilm comes the first of the Star Wars standalone films, "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story", an all-new epic adventure. It was an instant classic.More news: China's 1st big passenger jet completes maiden flight
Previous year actor Mark Hamill, who played a leading role of jedi Luke Skywalker, urged fans on the day to donate money to help sick kids. It was said printed in The London Evening News to congratulate Margaret Thatcher for taking the office of Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. That means you're in for a really early day if you want to catch them all.
The first known use of May the Fourth Be With You came during 1979.
Appealing to the palate with sumptuous Star Wars recipes.
"I've always been a fan of Star Wars and also of the music of (Star Wars theme composer) John Williams".More news: Sally Yates and Ted Cruz spar over legality of Trump's travel ban
At Hallmark, you can get 25 percent off some "Star Wars" gifts after spending at least $15 on May 4 and 5. His scores for The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and The Force Awakens each were nominated for Oscars for Best Original Score.
Like many Star Wars characters, "May the Fourth" comes with an interesting origin story.
In Taiwan's capital, fans took the day off from work to pose in costume for photographs at landmarks such as the Taipei 101 tower and the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall.
May the Fourth be with you!More news: John Kasich Says GOP Health Care Bill Is 'Inadequate'
- Some 2000 People Evacuated in Canada Due to Heavy Flooding
- Wenger surprised to see Arsenal players hug Manchester United rivals
- Congress slams AAP for not responding to bribery charges
- Trump insists no evidence of collusion with Russian Federation
- News guide for Trump-Russia probe focusing on ousted Flynn
- Senate Republicans face their own divisions in push for health-care overhaul
- Local polls bode well for May ahead of GE
- Senate Dems ask GOP to drop their plan to repeal 'Obamacare'
- Congress sends Trump short-term spending bill, avoiding government shutdown
- North Korea fails in ballistic missile test-fire