Tragedy struck mid-dance during the 2017 Pokemon World Festival in Incheon, South Korea earlier this week. In it, a group of dancers in Pikachu outfits perform a series of choreographed numbers worthy of a Bruno Mars halftime show (OK, maybe not, but "Uptown Funk" is played at one point). Shit starts getting weird around the 1:10 mark, moments after Pikachu steps forward to perform Tracy Turnblad's solo.
As soon as the event's handlers noticed that the star Pikachu started deflating like a balloon, they quickly rushed onstage and took the performer off stage.More news: Bribery charges: Kejriwal says 'Truth will triumph', Mishra suspended from AAP
The staff member's sudden sprint and forceful tackle, however, caught the attention of security staff who stepped in, assuming it was a security breach.More news: Chrome for Android makes it easier to save webpages for offline viewing
Attempting to prove that no one's gonna keep a zappy little cartoon creature down, Pikachu the First heads back toward his friends with fervor at about 4:40.
Following the dramatic scuffle, the show went on, until suddenly, from the left-hand corner of the screen, the deflated Pikachu reappeared, now looking plumper and healthier than ever.More news: Ahead of Senate hearing on Russia, Trump tweets about Obama and leaks
- Supreme Court Sentences Justice Karnan to Six Months Imprisonment
- Key takeaways from FBI Director James Comey's hearing on Capitol Hill
- Lena Dunham isn't here to be a weight-loss success story
- Infantino says will meet with racism victim Muntari
- Yates says she warned White House that Flynn could be 'blackmailed'
- GOP health bill spurs fears for people with pre-existing conditions
- After Big Win, A Huge Challenge Round The Corner For President Macron
- Physicians Realty Trust (NYSE:DOC) Reviewed By Analysts
- Jakarta governor sentenced to 2 years prison for blasphemy
- Celebrating Cinco de Mayo in Pillette Village