Tragedy struck mid-dance during the 2017 Pokemon World Festival in Incheon, South Korea earlier this week. In it, a group of dancers in Pikachu outfits perform a series of choreographed numbers worthy of a Bruno Mars halftime show (OK, maybe not, but "Uptown Funk" is played at one point). Shit starts getting weird around the 1:10 mark, moments after Pikachu steps forward to perform Tracy Turnblad's solo.
As soon as the event's handlers noticed that the star Pikachu started deflating like a balloon, they quickly rushed onstage and took the performer off stage.More news: Chrome for Android makes it easier to save webpages for offline viewing
The staff member's sudden sprint and forceful tackle, however, caught the attention of security staff who stepped in, assuming it was a security breach.More news: Texas gov. bans sanctuary cities from state
Attempting to prove that no one's gonna keep a zappy little cartoon creature down, Pikachu the First heads back toward his friends with fervor at about 4:40.
Following the dramatic scuffle, the show went on, until suddenly, from the left-hand corner of the screen, the deflated Pikachu reappeared, now looking plumper and healthier than ever.More news: Emmanual Macron in France shows the centre can hold with some luck
- Donald Trump dismisses Russia collusion claims as a total hoax
- After Big Win, A Huge Challenge Round The Corner For President Macron
- Former Trump aide Michael Flynn may have broken law, lawmakers say
- China's balancing act on North Korea unloved in Pyongyang
- Key takeaways from FBI Director James Comey's hearing on Capitol Hill
- Supreme Court Sentences Justice Karnan to Six Months Imprisonment
- Ahead of Senate hearing on Russia, Trump tweets about Obama and leaks
- Draw with Southampton not end of the world, says Klopp
- Pep hands Iheanacho 8 minutes in Man City goal feast
- Bribery charges: Kejriwal says 'Truth will triumph', Mishra suspended from AAP