This year marked the first time awards were handed out for TV shows during the ceremony and several small screen hits were recognized during the telecast.
During the MTV Movie and TV Awards on 7 May, the Fast & Furious franchise was honoured with the Generation Award, celebrating the blockbuster franchise's impact on the film industry and community. The channel has tied up with over 450 on-ground partners, engaging with consumers across multiple outlets of bars, spas, gyms, cafes and more, thereby innovatively reaching out to audiences across 35 cities via customised fitness workshops, blogger makeovers, award-ready grooming tutorials and the largest on-ground linked digital contest across all the above partnerships.
This year's Oscar best picture depicts the story of Chiron as he goes through the different phases of his life while understanding of his sexuality. Then they got it right: "Beauty and the Beast".
Brown celebrated Eleven as a "badass female" after beating Emilia Clarke in Game Of Thrones and Jeffrey Dean Morgan in The Walking Dead.More news: History made clinching Western finals berth, Preds now rest
The policy was put into practice at the top of the show by presenter Asia Kate Dillion, who proudly noted she has been able to break down gender barriers as "the first openly non-binary actor to play an openly non-binary actor on a major TV show", Showtime's drama series "Billions".
US Representative Maxine Waters presented the award for Best Fight Against the System and said each of the nominees "pushes back against the bullies and uses their platform to inspire us all".
Best Picture Oscar victor Moonlight did not go unrecognized, with the stars of the drama, Ashton Sanders and Jharrel Jerome, dominating the Best Kiss category.More news: Brilliant Marcus Rashford free-kick gets Manchester United in front
Meanwhile "Hidden Figures", which tells the previously little-known story of the vital contribution of African American women to the NASA space program, won a new "Fight Against The System" category.
During the MTV Movie & TV Awards, the cast of the Fast & Furious franchise were the recipients of the MTV Generation Award, which goes to those who have continually entertained the masses over the years.
Daily Show host Trevor Noah provided the night's sole reference to the president when he thanked him during his acceptance speech after winning Best Host. Channing Tatum and Beyoncé, Lip Sync Battle.More news: Raptors beat Bucks in six games to advance
- Don't let America down on health care, Trump tells Senate Republicans
- Accident Involving Chicago Bus Leaves 4 Dead
- The MTV Movie Awards Belonged to Stranger Things
- Emmanuel Macron defeats far-right Marine Le Pen in French presidential runoff
- Harvey suspended, Stanton hits 2 HRs, Marlins beat Mets 7-0
- Watford boxer Anthony Joshua to fight again in 2017, says Eddie Hearn
- Zero women are involved in drafting the Senate GOP's Obamacare repeal plan
- Jews Hail Macron's Landslide Win Over Le Pen As 'Victory Against Hate'
- North Korea Detains Another US Citizen
- Sanders defends Trump's praise of Australian healthcare system